Enclosure recommendations

Hi everyone!

So, after battling health problems and injuries for the past 6 months or so, I am finally ready to get Simba a proper set up.

He is currently in the typical retail zoomed xl tall (screen top but glass all around). Of course this is what was recommended to me in the beginning, however, I've learned the hard way that this setup's lack of ventilation and drainage is what is causing the most damage.

My issue is that I cannot seem to find any habitats which offer both ventilation and drainage (for a somewhat reasonable price).

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or suggestions in modifying his current house

Thank you!

Have you tried using a computer fan and put it at the top as an exhaust fan. Amazon has an infinity fan that has 3 speeds👌🏼.
Do you have pics of your drainage layer or even of ur enclosure?

Unless you find a really great sale or deal, this is probably the most budget-friendly option. I have/use 3 of these and like them. Even though they are almost identical to ReptiBreeze, they are a little more sturdy. https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
Hi MissSkittles,

Thanks for your recommendation 😊 The price is excellent, but is the bottom removable? Or is there a slide where I would be able to place a drainage tray?

Have you tried using a computer fan and put it at the top as an exhaust fan. Amazon has an infinity fan that has 3 speeds👌🏼.
Do you have pics of your drainage layer or even of ur enclosure?
Hi Emilio,

Thank you for your response...

Yes, I have tried a fan, and it helps some with ventilation but with all of the misting and drippers there is simply WAY too much water to keep up with!

The bottom is a flat plastic piece that just sits inside. It is large enough to place either the diy or ReptiBreeze substrate trays inside the enclosure, which will hold some drainage. What I did (prior to going bioactive) was drilled some holes at the center, placed a plastic sink mat thing as a spacer & then a heavy plant there to guide the drainage and had a bucket beneath to catch the water. I was using the ReptiBreeze stand too, but you can use a wire shelf or modify whatever.

Afraid I’m lacking a bit in the pics that would show what I’ve done.
You can see how the dragon ledges work. I really put them to the test with holding a lot of weight and they did great. If you look really close, you can see the plastic sink mat spacer I used under the lay bin. *pardon the fake plants - i was still too new to do everything right.
E3F12A01-E2F8-445E-BBC5-AF0F7B9CE11E.jpeg

No idea where I ‘stole’ this pic from, but I loved the idea. Unfortunately I’m lacking the skills to make it.
FB672415-5AA4-417C-A6DF-5EE3C4C1ACF6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom