Juvenile Sambava pics

Quicks

I have recently bought a male Sambava from a well known breader and I am having second thoughts. I was wondering if any one that breads Sambavas or has pictures of thier Sambava at about 4-5 months if you can send them to me, I want to compare with mine.

Thank you!

I guess you cant really see his bars yet being so young but I hear Sambava have a distinct U shaped bar where as ambilobe have a Y shaped bar.

well his bars are a little bit of a y but not completely. this is why i would like some pics of other sambava owners?? plz send pics on here.

I am not on my regular computer right now that has all my pics stored but at 4 months my sambava chameleon had very little color and was almost pretty much grey. Not all that pretty at all! It took quite awhile for him to get color and when he did all his bars were a baby blue At rest, even as adults they are not that colorful. Dark green with dark blue or burgandyish colored bars. If you say you bought from a reputable breeder then most likely if they told you they were selling you a Sambava, then you have a sambava. You just have to be patient with these guys! You basically did not say why you are having second thoughts, I was just assuming color?

This is the male Sambava that I recieved.
Tell me what you think!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

hmm... They show on my computer, How do you normaly get the URL on a picture to upload it successfuly?

i can see it

there are some sambavas with the regular y-shaped, and most have the common green

but it can also be and ambilobe too, by how it looks now:eek:

From my knowledge (not much for sambava), but this looks more like an Ambilobe than Sambava :/ Maybe his red/oranges will appear later on? Can you post some more pictures, maybe him sleeping or in natural sunlight?

In agreeance with the others and my first impression was an Ambilobe but I would still think a breeder should know what they are selling.

Dont bother judging by color at this age. Not all sambavas have U bars. Mine is months past two years old and he still can't decide on his adult colors. Mine didn't even have any color until about 7-8 months old.

actually some sambavas have y-bars as well, ive seen sambavas with that color that young.... if you feel unsatisfied then talk to the breeder privately

other than that he looks like an awsome cham to me

like said previously, not all have a U bar, carol's sambava romeo has a W bar, and a Y bar isnt out of the question...but contact the breeder with any questions regarding that

actually some sambavas have y-bars as well, ive seen sambavas with that color that young.... if you feel unsatisfied then talk to the breeder privately

other than that he looks like an awsome cham to me

i second that ace...he has awesome colors for his age...sambava, or not, still an awesome cham

I can see all the pics. weird. I dont know, I am not a pro but it def looks questionable to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom