Juvenile Machakos growth on vent?

We just picked up this young Machakos Hills Jackson’s chameleon and we noticed he has this growth or similar on his vent. It doesn’t appear painful, there’s no redness at all. It’s just there. Is this something we can correct?

A322063D-54B3-4FDD-B8DE-317E109AF273.jpeg

858EE94A-804F-4203-97F6-07DB1F77C3DD.jpeg

@JacksJill Is probably the best one to answer this. It definitely looks like something for a good vet to evaluate.

Thank you! Hoping to get a solid answer soon, he seems to be completely chill and unbothered but the husbandry at the store wasn’t the greatest (he was near black in his enclosure). Hoping it’s a vitamin thing but I’m no expert. @JacksJill whenever you can weigh in on this I’d appreciate it! Will book a vet visit asap

Forgot to add that he seems to have been pooping fine with no weird stool issues! I double checked his enclosure at the place because of the vent situation. He’s been timid with eating (day 2 of ownership) so once he passes another I can update with a photo of that.

I can’t see it correctly, but it could also be stuck shed around his vent and where the vent looks a bit thicker on one side. Two of my chams had this and within a few days the shed should resolve itself.
Keep us posted 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom