just wondering

hi i am getting a jacksons cham soon and i found one at a pet shop and i was wondering if 90$ is a good price or not and its a baby cham just wondering if i should buy it somewhere else :confused:

My rule is don't let the price make the decision. Go on the health and appearance. Make sure it has plump eye turrets, look at the floor of the cage for a dump and make sure it looks normal. Make sure that the lighting in the store is all correct ask them if they have been supplementing. Look for swollen joints or abrasions.. and last but not least just make sure it is the chameleon you want.. because if not you will probably be buying another in 2 months lol..

the pet store that he is at is like 2 hours away and I asked the employ there if I could hold him they tried but he didn't want to be held so I didn't get to and the lighting is kind of dark there but he didn't look like he had anything wrong with him. he was a new item so they didn't really know much about him he looked like a healthy cham.

hey jesse you seem excited about getting a chameleon which is great but if you want my advice don't be too hasty going in it. learn as much as you can about it first and to me purchasing one should be the last thing to do in your to do list. before you even think of buying one you should have everything needed to keep a chameleon already waiting at home for your new pet. and if i were you i'd try my hardiest to hold off on buying the first chameleon you see because you want to see other ones so you have something to compare ones you have seen too . Also just inspecting the enclosure the chameleon is kept in at the retail store can help you decide if this one has been well taken care of ... also ask questions like what steps do they take when feeding there animals and see if they are knowledgeable about them. If they are vague or not so helpful then i'd find someone who is and one who will help guide you through this big purchase. remember this is a living creature who deserves to go home to a good home and a person that will spend the time to keep it healthy. anyways i wish you good luck. and remember research first will help you make less mistakes and problems and in some cases save you costly vet visits.

for nicks question I don't know because a was only there for like 15 mins because there where people waiting in the car but I will go back there sometime soon to check him out. and thank you all for helping me out with this :)

Back
Top Bottom