Just plugged in my new steamer/fogger

Bob 1000

and it doesn't work,,,lmao.. It's doing nothing but the power light is on.. I'll have to bring it back tomorrow evening to Home Depot.. Plumbed it and everything,,lol..

That's a shame. It's such a PITA when things don't work the first time you set them up. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the replacement.

Replacement working the same so I ordered a fogger for $35 from Pet Insanity! online.. Ordered a 250 watt ceramic heat emitter for $15.44 from them also.. The 60 watt $32 on from pet smart wasn't doing anything.. Scratchie's( cold in NY this week.. Can't wait for them to arrive..

repti-fogger= stability for me..

So far this thing offers the best way to keep the humidity stable in scratchies hab..
I got a mister and wow,,, they are really over rated in my opinion.. For you to keep the humidity from fluctuating from 30 to 70(my place is probably dry) you would have to run this thing continuously(Not good for saving water,,lol)...
I have been told that the humidity doesn't have to stay constant.. But sCratchy hasn't had any probs since I got him(If it ain't broke don't fix it).. I let him out daily to walk through his jungle...
I'll be sticking with my big dripper for scratchy to drink from...

What kind of fogger/mister did you get at Home Depot? Got any pictures? I saw several on their site, and most are pretty expensive. Just curious what you got.

You need to let us know how well it works and how good it is.I have heard a few people put them down and say they are not good to use.I would like to use one of these also.Are you using it in place of a mister and if so does it provide enough water on the plants for the cham to drink.Thanks!Some pics would be nice also so we can see how you have it set up.
I now use a repti fogger and it's better than any humidifier at holding the humidity stable...

I use the big dripper for the hydration of Scratchy.. From the the fogger itself the drips do keep the plant immediately below it's soil wet.. So I'd guess that that would be enough for Scratchy to stay hydrated.. Once a week i will mist the enclosure down just to get the calcium from me throwing dusted crickets to the back screen off.. I'll get pictures up this evening after work.. I only use reverse osmosis with deionized water in the fogger and run it 24hours a day 7 days a week.. My humidity will fluctuate some times depending on the heat in my home form 50% up to 85%... But it never does this too fast I'd say around a 3 to 4 hour time period..
I'm still new to this but have kept animals that are a lot harder than chameleons.. From what I've learned stability with animals helps their immune system a lot..

Back
Top Bottom