Just picked these up. Opinions?

Alright so I have been doing this routine supplement schedule:
-Calcium every day
-Multivitamins twice a month
-Calcium w/ D3 twice a month

The multivitamins I was using were completely shunned by Gizmo (veiled chameleon). He refuses to eat his grubs when it's MV day. So I went out and picked up Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamins. I haven't tried it yet but I was going to sub it in next weekend. BUT THEN today I was at my local pet store and they were having a big sale. I saw the Repashy Superfoods Chameleon Calcium Plus regularly priced at $18.99 on sale for $8.99, so I went for it. My question is, what do you guys think I should do. Should I continue my supplement routine and sub in Rep-Cal's MV next week or should I switch over to Repashy Calcium Plus everyday?

IMG_1683_zpsc82b25de.jpg

ANNNDDD DISCUSS!

For my Panthers I use Repashy Calcium Plus and find a daily easier to manage. Also the idea that a small constant dose is preferrable to large periodic spikes logically makes sense to me.

That being said, I recently upgraded to an Arcadia T5HO UVB bulb and began to mix the Calcium Plus with plain calcium 50/50 due to the UVB upgrade. I might also feed them a bug or two with Herptivite once a month due to the decreased vitamins. Repashy Calcium Plus should also be adjusted down if your chameleon gets a lot of natural sun.

For my Panthers I use Repashy Calcium Plus and find a daily easier to manage. Also the idea that a small constant dose is preferrable to large periodic spikes logically makes sense to me.

That being said, I recently upgraded to an Arcadia T5HO UVB bulb and began to mix the Calcium Plus with plain calcium 50/50 due to the UVB upgrade. I might also feed them a bug or two with Herptivite once a month due to the decreased vitamins. Repashy Calcium Plus should also be adjusted down if your chameleon gets a lot of natural sun.
Awesome, thank you very much for the feed back. Since the current temperature here is anywhere from 20F-40F and will remain that way for the next few months my veiled won't be getting any natural sunlight. I think I might give the calcium plus a go for a few weeks and see how Gizmo reacts to it.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom