Just ordered A B.A.H. misting system

Jsiddens

Well I just ordered a bah misting system. I have read about some others MK , PM , RM but im hopeful this will be of decent quality and enough pressure to carry to my two cages. This all started because of my failed automated drip system which i might resume r an d on it at a later time. Any thoughts?

It's the bigappleherp.com one. I didn't want to offend any site sponsors which may be moderators so i just abbreviated. Here is the link: http://www.bigappleherp.com/Big-Apple-Misting-System
$119.00
A little pricey in a way. I probably could have pieced it together myself but with my failure in pumps earlier with my rain bar drip system which was way too underpowered or maybe just a faulty (15$ ebay)pump this (hopefully) will be a great solution. I have two shy drinkers that dont like to drink when im around. Stool and eyes look great and have snuck around a few times and witnessed them drinking more like lapping off of leaves or hanging on the soaker vine.Plus i manually mist two to three times day for all those worry warts out there. ;-)

I have no knowledge of the mister you are talking about but a mistking can do up to 20 cages.
I have a mistking and will say it is a quality unit. Ultra fine mist and loads of pressure.

Well I just got it installed. Powerful little pump. The tubing that came with it is a little bit soft and pliable which is nice for putting it together but not for holding up pressure. I ran to the garage after shutting it off of course and grabbed a few hose clamps.
2nd trial did much better and I stayed much drier. I then noticed a few leaks on the connections so back to the garage for some teflon tape.

3rd time no problems. All in all a pretty nice product. Would be nice for it to include the hose clamps. Now I'm looking for some nicer nozzles.

I once read about some nice swivel jobs that also have a no drip feature. Mine bleeds off in the form of a drip for about a minute and that water would best be used by the plants and my chams in the form of mist. Anyone know the maker of these? Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom