Just one more time, going for the ultimate build

That’s one of the more rewarding aspects of bioactive…watching how it all grows. It’s always interesting and challenging to see what plants thrive and what plants don’t and how they grow when left to do their thing. Some of the plants that I was the most excited to include where the ones that didn’t survive in any of the enclosures. Ones that I casually added with little hope have grown very well.

That’s one of the more rewarding aspects of bioactive…watching how it all grows. It’s always interesting and challenging to see what plants thrive and what plants don’t and how they grow when left to do their thing. Some of the plants that I was the most excited to include where the ones that didn’t survive in any of the enclosures. Ones that I casually added with little hope have grown very well.
So true!! Had the same issues, needed to replace a few plants which I hope to thrive and others are growing as weed. The plants that don´t work for in all my enclosures are ferns and that´s one plant needs be in such enclosure, yet they keep dying on me.

So true!! Had the same issues, needed to replace a few plants which I hope to thrive and others are growing as weed. The plants that don´t work for in all my enclosures are ferns and that´s one plant needs be in such enclosure, yet they keep dying on me.
That is too funny. It was the ferns that all died for me too. I was excited about having something for the shadier areas, but they all died within a week.

That is too funny. It was the ferns that all died for me too. I was excited about having something for the shadier areas, but they all died within a week.
Jip, and everyone says they need moist soils and can live in the shades, well not! I got them at 3 different positions, wet and more dry, shady and in full light, but nothing!! Shamefully, I really those prehistoric looking plants.

Okay, made some progress the last days and it worked out better then expected, however still not completely satisfied.

Installing the wall plants
View attachment 319653View attachment 319654

View attachment 319662

View attachment 319663

View attachment 319655

The drainage including layer
View attachment 319656

View attachment 319657

View attachment 319659

The floor plants with leaf litter
View attachment 319660

View attachment 319661
That looks great, you can tell that you put a lot of work into it.

Welcome to the jungle sequel and look at the size of that bromelia. Some new ficus have started growing and slowly filling up the back walls

IMG_8415.jpeg
IMG_8414.jpeg
IMG_8412.jpeg
IMG_8411.jpeg
IMG_8410.jpeg
IMG_8409.jpeg
IMG_8408.jpeg

As our home rebuilding is slowly reaching an end, I came in the meantime in contact with a Ball Python breeder and enclosure builder. After some chatting he came with an offer and I accepted it. I still got that dream of building a massive ´small´ forest in the office room and for now I don´t know who will be inhabitant for it. However, within 3-4 weeks I´ll get the new enclosure and will slowly start planting and decorating it and I will take my time for it 😊

So what´s gonna be? Well, a beautiful hand-build 4'9 by 2´3 by 4´9 enclosure, like the one in the picture. And then best part is its price, $550.00 I think is a fair enough price for it.

Keep you posted, I´m really excited and can´t wait ;)

View attachment 318278
That is awesome! I can’t lie I’m already thinking about getting Jeb a bigger enclosure in the future! Your chameleon is going to be so happy 💚

That is awesome! I can’t lie I’m already thinking about getting Jeb a bigger enclosure in the future! Your chameleon is going to be so happy 💚
Thank you 🙏🏻 Also don’t forget to consider free range as an option, at least if it‘s possible in your situation (small children, other animals). Because 3 out of 4 chameleons are living 24/7 free range, and gives another extra dimension to the interaction with them. I got a Veiled, Jackson and Boehmei living free range, all with the same setup like described in my blog.

Back
Top Bottom