Just curious...?

superstiney

So recently my chameleon went in to the vet b/c he has MBD... is been about a week now that he has been home and i have been giving him his shots and meds- i have to force feed him some liquid food but today he was not having it! he just spat it all out and trying to give him worms he just spat those out- if he does not eat every day is that alright? he is under a year? im just worried about my little baby :rolleyes:

... he seemed to be alright... now and then. how long should it be before his legs look better from the MBD? I am planning on taking him to a vet for a check up...

I don't know about the legs .... they will never look "back to normal", I do know that a day without eating won't hurt him.

-Brad

he is probably getting his strength back and dosent want it anymore.
My veiled went a month with nothing to eat. ha! then you get worried.
he is back to himself now. he ate 5 suppers today.:D

ha i think he is just tired of us trying o force feed him... he seems like he is ding better he is climbing around now much more than b4

With all due respect its beyond me with all thats been written about mbd on this site and many others how a chameleon could end up with it is surprising .

Does he still drink? When I had to force feed my cham I would trick her. I would mist her untill she started drinking from the leaves then I would move in a feeding syringe with repti-aid. She took it with no problem for about 1 month before she started eating on her own. She didn't have to be stressed out by being handled or "force" fed. The least amount of stress the better, right? But you got to do what you got to do to get her better.:D

My girl Stella recovered from MBD from some calcium drops and lots-o-UV. She was doing well until she became gravid.......... But! up until then she was a stong girl, very sassy! I miss her!

With all due respect its beyond me with all thats been written about mbd on this site and many others how a chameleon could end up with it is surprising .

You'd be surprised how many pet stores haven't a clue about the proper care and husbandry of a chameleon. That's a very bad start for a chameleon and an easy way it ends up with MBD. The chameleon and the customer suffer.

he drinks... but he does not mind being handled.. when i put my hand in he immediately reaches for my fingers- the past few day he was doing it was ease! today i guess he just was not at ALL in the mood b/c he would not open his mouth of what we could get in he spat out lol it was act quite amusing to watch

You'd be surprised how many pet stores haven't a clue about the proper care and husbandry of a chameleon. That's a very bad start for a chameleon and an easy way it ends up with MBD. The chameleon and the customer suffer.

i thought i was doing everything right- lucky enough i cam across this site a the correct time and it almost literally saved Rafiki's life

My Stella (female veiled) came from Petco. My GF worked there (Petco) and Stella went to the vet for MBD and then was up for adoption...... My GF brought her home and we nursed her back. This is how I learned about chameleons and became the leading force in the hobby at our house. She was our first and not the last.. she will never be forgotten!

IMG_3642RS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom