just back from Madagascar

redtom123

I'm just back from Madagascar.
I was there and spent much time with my longtime friend and guide Goulam.
Some of you have already been out with him such as Ardi Abate.
I order many greetings from Goulam and especially to Ken Kalis and Todd Resley.
Soon I will show new images of the last trip. Until then, only two examples
best regards
Thomas Althaus
http://www.pantherchameleon.de

Attachments

• Furcifer_rhinoceratus.jpg
    Furcifer_rhinoceratus.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Furcifer_rhinoceratus_male.jpg
    Furcifer_rhinoceratus_male.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 291
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. One day I would like to go. I hope I get there before the forest is gone.

Ken Kalisch (Ardi, too) was sort of my mentor with chameleons. I don't believe he is keeping anymore, which is a shame as he was the first to actually breed, hatch, and raise babies of both subspecies of parsonii. He used to live here in San Diego but I believe has moved away and I've since lost touch with him. Todd Risley was another of the chameleon pioneers around here but I've only ever spoken to him once, around 1991. Ardi probably still has contact info for Todd.

Tom, I can't wait to see your website updates!

Thanks for the information. Then it will probably not be able to greet Ken and Todd personally. Too bad, maybe they read even with the forum.
I promise to update the website soon. I have many pictures of different species and I have visited several national parks. So I can show you then panoramapictures of the habitat of chameleons.
Thank you for your patience ;)
regards Thomas

Great pics Thomas. Did you actually go to Madagascar with Ardi & Ken? I used to talk Ardi years ago in the '90s when i was a member of the Cin. She helped me with my first clutch of pardalis eggs. What a sweet lady.

Please upload the pics of your trip. Thats my dream eco vacation. Myabe someday. lol

Great pics Thomas. Did you actually go to Madagascar with Ardi & Ken? I used to talk Ardi years ago in the '90s when i was a member of the Cin. She helped me with my first clutch of pardalis eggs. What a sweet lady.

Please upload the pics of your trip. Thats my dream eco vacation. Myabe someday. lol

I always travel alone. In 2005, Ardi got me in touch with Goulam. Ardi traveled several times with Goulam and a group of friends in Madagascar.
I travel every year since 2005 to Madagascar. Ardi gave me a lot of information about Madagascar, and was a great help in obtaining one of the best guides, Goulam.:p

Thor, I am absolutely thrilled with your pictures. The pictures on your website are great.
I hope I can fulfill your expectations, but I need some more time because I am currently on a business trip.:eek:

I have a friend who is currently in Madagascar (sadly her suitcase wasn't big enough to fit me in, lol!). She too is hoping to see wild chameleons. I can't wait to speak to her and see her photos when she returns!:D

Then it will probably not be able to greet Ken and Todd personally. Too bad, maybe they read even with the forum.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I think Chris Anderson still has a current email address for Ken.

Also, do you know if Goulam has or has access to a dvd player? I could send a film for you and Goulam of Ardi, Ken, and Todd's first trip to Madagascar in '95 with lots of appearances by Goulam! He still looks very similar, although maybe less hair now. ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I think Chris Anderson still has a current email address for Ken.

Also, do you know if Goulam has or has access to a dvd player? I could send a film for you and Goulam of Ardi, Ken, and Todd's first trip to Madagascar in '95 with lots of appearances by Goulam! He still looks very similar, although maybe less hair now. ;)

Goulam is equipped very well with several technical stuff including DVD player.
It will be nice to have this material and I think Goulam will be happy as well.
Let me know, please how we can handle this because of transport cost.
May be the size is not to big to send it by mail :confused:
regards Thomas

Does anyone know these two guys (Ken Kalis and Todd Resley)?
:confused:

I went to Madagascar with Ken Kalisch, Ardi and Goulam. Please say hello to any of those folks you meet for me! I hope you had a great time! Do you have any contacts for them?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom