just a few random questions

ellrrz

so i got im my mistking today and did a test run before installing it into my chams cage. all i can say is WOW so much better than what i had before (habba mist). but my question about that is how do you guys have to hose into the fresh water bucket? and second does anyone put or use a small aquarium heater to keep the water warmer? i dont want to be misting the cage with cold r om temp water.

and secondly what your opinion of putting up say a sheet around the cage at night to no light will wake or bother them while they sleep. i have one up so while walking around or when i fall asleep my tv or any other light source wont wake him. my only concern is with ventilation at night. would a sheep be a cause for concern?

thanks,
johnny

I cannot comment on mistking but the sheet yes. I cover my cage every night with a blanket to keep out the light from my computer. It has never ill affected my chameleon as far as I can see. It is like he almost waits for me to cover the cage now. If I don't he does not fall asleep right away. I cover three sides and leave the top open for air.

so i got im my mistking today and did a test run before installing it into my chams cage. all i can say is WOW so much better than what i had before (habba mist). but my question about that is how do you guys have to hose into the fresh water bucket?It comes with a transition fitting(cant think of exactly what the fitting is actually called)You must drill a 9/16 hole in the side, about an inch from the bottom. Its a tight fit so you may want to round it out a bit. and second does anyone put or use a small aquarium heater to keep the water warmer? Yes i do this, it works great. Some chams dont mind the room temp water though. i dont want to be misting the cage with cold r om temp water.

and secondly what your opinion of putting up say a sheet around the cage at night to no light will wake or bother them while they sleep. i have one up so while walking around or when i fall asleep my tv or any other light source wont wake him. my only concern is with ventilation at night. would a sheep be a cause for concern?

thanks,
johnny

The answers are in red :)

so i got im my mistking today and did a test run before installing it into my chams cage. all i can say is WOW so much better than what i had before (habba mist). but my question about that is how do you guys have to hose into the fresh water bucket? and second does anyone put or use a small aquarium heater to keep the water warmer? i dont want to be misting the cage with cold r om temp water.

thanks,
johnny

Two questions that have been at the back of my mind. Thank you for asking them, im still thread creation shy :eek: . I am eager to hear what everyone does/thinks. To answer your last question, I wouldnt be alarmed by the sheep, your cham probably likes sleeping with the sheep, big soft warm pillow
:D

Two questions that have been at the back of my mind. Thank you for asking them, im still thread creation shy :eek: . I am eager to hear what everyone does/thinks. To answer your last question, I wouldnt be alarmed by the sheep, your cham probably likes sleeping with the sheep, big soft warm pillow
:D

hahaha i read your response and what like what is this guy talking about?!? :confused:then i see that i just cant spell haha. :)mad: all that money my mom wasted on private school)

my cage setup is in my closet. i have ventilation at the bottom of the sheets.

and i did drill the hole but i think im leaking at the flat spots on the fitting even with the o-ring. i picked up some kitchen grade silicone so hope that will solve the little leak. im hoping that is food safe..? if not ill have to find a new sealant thats food safe 100%

Back
Top Bottom