• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 8 4.0%

• Votes: 15 7.5%

• Votes: 6 3.0%

• Votes: 7 3.5%

• Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is it that these threads always have serious negativity going on in them?? I think it is pretty unfair to single out anyone when talking about pictures to be voted on. The whole panther thing comes up all the time and only three have won in the past 2 years. Given the amount of members that own them you would think that would be WAY higher. Padre has only won once...so taking that, any former winners shouldn't re-enter?? I mean while I LOVE Monty he gets entered almost every month.
I love the photo contest I just wish things didn't have to be so negative all the time :(

I spend a lot of time on the entry reduction phase and grade each photo individually. If anyone wants feedback on their entry you can send me an email or private message. As for who to vote for, I always choose the best photo regardless of species or owner and I recommend everyone else do the same.

I shouldn't have said anything, I see. I just meant it light-heartedly. Padre is a gorgeous animal and Jann's photos are usually excellent, it wouldn't be out of the question (or unfounded) for his photos to be popular. But if you don't like him then don't say anything, that's not very nice. I could point out a couple photos in this month that I don't think are worth much but what would be the point of singling them out, it's just rude. And this is supposed to be a fun contest.

To anyone who thinks they consistently get eliminated from the final few photos, look back on your entries and consider why they may not be getting picked. Is the lighting poor? Is the composition boring? Is the background cluttered with couches and several extension cords? Is the entire photo blurry or grainy? It's probably due to one of these reasons, and not what species or gender of animal is featured.

I am happy my photo just made it to get voted on!!! I don't expect to win and I could care less if I do or not. I am just honored mine was chosen. As far as JannB she is one of the best photographers on the Forum and she has some of the most beautiful subjects to take pictures of. If Padre wins, I will be very happy for Jann. No hard feelings here. If she wins it will be fair and square, like it always has...by our votes.

Honestly I NEVER get in the top 3 with photo's of Calais my panther, but my veiled Leopold was always a front runner. So to cry panther is just silly. I am sure MOST of the people on this forum either has a veiled or a panther, which is why they get entered so much.

ALSO, Jann's photo's are beautiful and even though she always beats me :rolleyes: I believe they deserve to be there just as much as anyone else. She is a very kind woman who takes beyond excellent care of her chameleons, she has a right to show them with pride, just as I do with Calais. The rules say one chameleon can only win 2 times a year, padre has only won once, and so has luie. So don't be hating people, spread the love! :D

I like what you said Brad that we should be voting on the photo itself and basically put all personal feelings aside. Forget who took the pic. If it is worthy, than vote for it!

I like what you said Brad that we should be voting on the photo itself and basically put all personal feelings aside. Forget who took the pic. If it is worthy, than vote for it!

That is exactly how it should be based... but i dont think thats the criteria members are using.
They are all great pics, but imho there was better. Sorry for stirring things up but thats how i feel. For the record though, i did not submit an entry this month.

OMGosh,,,, why, why, does it sound like this " friendly competition" is turning into a freaking "witch hunt"?!?!?!?!? That is not what this is about!! Hands down,,,, Let the best pic win!!!!!!!!

Didn't mean to sound like I dislike Padre I think he is a beautifull Cham and Jann defiantly takes awesome pics. I just like to see new people place now and then. I haven't even entered for the last few just to look and participate without a horse in the race so to say.
I usually don't ever even look at who owns the photo before I vote. I just pick my fav. Often not even the best technical pic just one I like.

I usually don't ever even look at who owns the photo before I vote. I just pick my fav. Often not even the best technical pic just one I like.

Yes.

I am severely confused sometimes at what pics place, and what pics dont, so I can understand others feeling that way.

BUT, I actually placed this time! ;D Thats enough to make me happy. :)

Yes.

I am severely confused sometimes at what pics place, and what pics dont, so I can understand others feeling that way.

BUT, I actually placed this time! ;D Thats enough to make me happy. :)

Nice I always feel like I have won a little when I make the cut :D

Are the 16 pics I viewed here under "view entires" the ones that made it through? Lots of Panther head shots.

Back
Top Bottom