• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 8 4.0%

• Votes: 15 7.5%

• Votes: 6 3.0%

• Votes: 7 3.5%

• Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was looking for a really natural environment to take a shot of my cham, which is why i chose to just take a pic of her sittin outside havin a blast haha. IMO the best pic was the female panther i think it was sittin with red flowers all around her and it makes her pink tone really pop. Best of all it is alllll natural and it doesnt look edited at all. I was so close to voting for the pic of the panther eating the locust but to me it looks very edited and the whole glowing wall in the back reminds me of a softbox. The saturation also looks like it was changed.

edit-taken from the rules "Post processing should not be detectable. Natural looking photos that accurately represent the chameleon species is the goal. Stricty enforced without debate."

I would like to inform you that this particular photo is mine, and I havnt edited it at all!!! The glowing wall is because I had the lights on almost directly above him and a torch shining it at him from a slightly different angle to make his colours pop!!!

I would like to inform you that this particular photo is mine, and I havnt edited it at all!!! The glowing wall is because I had the lights on almost directly above him and a torch shining it at him from a slightly different angle to make his colours pop!!!

I voted for urs :)

Now to worry, Brad is an expert, if there was editing or whatever, Brad would never have allowed it in the finals. Your boy is a complete beauty & so is his picture.

But the point is to vote for the best photo... not the best veiled...

Some people dont understand what a photo contest is, they just pick a photo they think has the best looking chameleon. The composition, lighting, pose, clarity, colour etc makes no difference to those people. Thats what makes it so hard when competing against rarer species. Oh look, a Parsons....click! lol

Some people dont understand what a photo contest is, they just pick a photo they think has the best looking chameleon. The composition, lighting, pose, clarity, colour etc makes no difference to those people. Thats what makes it so hard when competing against rarer species. Oh look, a Parsons....click! lol

exactly nice cham in you avatar pic what species is he?

It's okay Benton. Hopefully there are enough members on here that appreciate good photography. I know a few of them.

Photography was my first love. Some people just don't understand that it's an art form. My reptiles are my favorite subject. I think there is always a surprise element with them. The entire picture as a whole is the result of the photographer. You can tell who took their time and truly has talent.

The Results

The Results​

1st place: jannb
Species: Calumma parsonii
Common: Parson's Chameleon
Sex: male

2nd place: laurie
Species: Trioceros quadricornis
Common: Cameroon Bearded Chameleon

2nd place: Olimpia
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: female

3rd place: Benton1576
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 01 => 5 pts (jannb)
photo 06 => 3 pts (laurie)
photo 10 => 3 pts (olimpia)
photo 02 => 1 pts (benton1576)

judge rankings
There were no judges for the June 2012 contest.

We had a tie for 2nd place. There were many great photos this month and I'd like to thank everyone for participating. There is always room for improvement, so if anyone has a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums. If you prefer to remain anonymous you can send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom