Joffreville

TreelionsUK

Hello had my joffreville for a few weeks now,They are doing well super greedy little ones..i think i have 2 males judging by the displays they make at each other:)

Some pictures of dad that there from,not very good pics but you just see the body in one shot

joffrevillesire1.jpg

joffrevillesire2.jpg

joffervillesire3.jpg

The young guns

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

And a little mafana!!

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0077.jpg

Nice pics, how long have you had them? I was tempted to have the Joffreville from gatewick reptiles but i decided to go for the Sirama.

Nice pics, how long have you had them? I was tempted to have the Joffreville from gatewick reptiles but i decided to go for the Sirama.

i have had them all for 2 weeks now my sirama babys did'nt do well:( still have the female by the male died the morning after i picked them up(its the way it goes with babys..they were very small
But the joffrevilles are wicked,never catch them napping,i have noticed the mafana female taking 5 min naps but she eats and is pooping so not gonna worry to much,the male on the other hand eats anything he bumps into:D
Ampiskianas are good the male does not like me and is only just letting me have a peak at his colours but is very freaked out,the female is stunning tho
just gotta go slow with the male so no pics yet:)

Hows your sirama going?? Hope they are doing good for you mate!!!

Wow, what little cuties! Looking forward to watching them grow! Papa cham is a hottie!

Do these guys sell under another Locale Name? I love that coloration! I would love to get my hands on some of those! Daddy matches the color scheme on my Profile perfect... I love that combination of Red and Yellow.

i have had them all for 2 weeks now my sirama babys did'nt do well:( still have the female by the male died the morning after i picked them up(its the way it goes with babys..they were very small
But the joffrevilles are wicked,never catch them napping,i have noticed the mafana female taking 5 min naps but she eats and is pooping so not gonna worry to much,the male on the other hand eats anything he bumps into:D
Ampiskianas are good the male does not like me and is only just letting me have a peak at his colours but is very freaked out,the female is stunning tho
just gotta go slow with the male so no pics yet:)

Hows your sirama going?? Hope they are doing good for you mate!!!

Pleased to hear they are doing good. Man you must spent a mini furtune when you collected all those chams lol Is the Ampiskiana fully growng?

For me it was a toss up between the Joffreville or the sirama, it was tough choice but as you know I went for the sirama.

I am very concerned for my sirama as over the past few days he has become pale and seems not to be eating or that is he is not touching the micro cickets and I havn't seen him eat the plenty of fruit flies I've giving him. He is also napping a lot? Once awake though he is very active if somewhat unsure of himself? Perhaps he is freaked out with me constantly watching and fussing over him.

Phil

Last edited:
he is not touching the micro cickets and I havn't seen him eat the plenty of fruit flies I've giving him.

Phil

How old is this baby panther? No need for fruit flies if it's over 2 months. It should be on 1/4" crickets by now if you bought it from a breeder...

Last edited:
How old is this baby panther? No need for fruit flies if it's over 2 months. It should be on 1/4" crickets by now if you bought it from a breeder...

It is 11 weeks old and although i have giving him micro crickets he has shown no interest? What is the best way to go about feedin these small crickest, do you let them lose or put them inot a small cup? each method I have tried but it seemed not to work?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments guys,i HOPE my little one will turn out as good as the sire,will keep the pictures coming!!

stucoady,Ampiskiana are sub adult really good size

Sorry to hear about your problems with the sirama,i must say tho that they were not the strongest group of babys i have ever seen and as you know my male did'nt even last a full day:( but its risky taking babys at that age,i told myself... No dont take any babies..but still ended up taking a few:rolleyes:

I am very concerned for my sirama as over the past few days he has become pale and seems not to be eating or that is he is not touching the micro cickets and I havn't seen him eat the plenty of fruit flies I've giving him. He is also napping a lot? Once awake though he is very active if somewhat unsure of himself? Perhaps he is freaked out with me constantly watching and fussing over him.
Phil

He may even be getting ready to shed, I have heard thet some become stressed just before and go off thir food, I havn't had that problem but it could be the case. Has he shed recently?

Great looking Joffreville you have there, they certainly seem to be firing up like little lads :). Good luck with them.

He may even be getting ready to shed, I have heard thet some become stressed just before and go off thir food, I havn't had that problem but it could be the case. Has he shed recently?

He is very pale and keeps rubbing his head on the mesh top? Could be his first shead since being in my care. How can I further help with the shed apart from misting the viv 3 times a day?

TreelionsUK - I have to admit I was surprised to to be giving such a small baby when i went to collect, I was expecting something a bit bigger so you can imaging i was a bit anxious as i have never had one at such a young age?

There is not much you can do phil apart from making sure everything is right,dont mist too much,use HOT water With reptisafe just to make sure you protect the eyes.make sure there is constant food in the cage and provide a good temperature and UV graident,
Thats all you can do!
I see my female mafana napping sometimes,i dont like it but i just leave her be,
I like to just leave them alone mister is on auto,lights on timers and plenty of food
Are your lights on a timer?? if your lighting is all over the place they tend not to grow as well,i also find 10 hours on is good for babys

chameleons like routine

There is not much you can do phil apart from making sure everything is right,dont mist too much,use HOT water With reptisafe just to make sure you protect the eyes.make sure there is constant food in the cage and provide a good temperature and UV graident,
Thats all you can do!
I see my female mafana napping sometimes,i dont like it but i just leave her be,
I like to just leave them alone mister is on auto,lights on timers and plenty of food
Are your lights on a timer?? if your lighting is all over the place they tend not to grow as well,i also find 10 hours on is good for babys

chameleons like routine

I have the light on a timer although they are on for 13 hours. perhaps I should change that to 10. I also mist with warm water (boiled from the kettle) and with reptisafe just in case

How do you feed the micro crix?

Just starting on the crickets now,when the ff die off i use more crickets,i just zip tie a white tub of some kind to the side of the viv put the crickets in and then pop a cut grape in so they can drink and thats it after a few days when they know where it is you will catch the chameleon hanging out by the cricket tub
I find they dont like black crickets so get the light brown ones

Back
Top Bottom