Jackson's falling from top of cage?

JeffJo

My Jackson's was on the roof of his cage, which he doesn't do very often, and I guess decided to just fall off. Luckily the place he decided to jump from was right above the umbrella plant in his cage. So he fell about 18 inches and landed softly, he seems fine and I'm wondering what his deal is. He has a very strong grip (If he gets scared and grips hard when I handle him he actually breaks skin) so I doubt its MBD. I also supplement him in accordance with several Jackson's care and has been fine for the past 6 months I've had him. Is he ok and just being a weirdo or is there something wrong? :confused:

If you go to the health clinic, click on the sticky "How to ask for help" and answer all the questions, the other forum members can see all the important information needed to better answer your questions. When my first chameleon Pete fell off of his tree, he still had a strong grip but did have MBD. The reason he fell was that he would grab his front legs with his back feet which would cause him to fall. That is a sign of MBD so please share all of your husbandry infor so you can get the best advice.

If hes only done it once, he either was trying to get away from you (as he saw you as a threat) or he just lost his footing. Adults cant hang as easily upside as babies do.

Jacksons are also known for jumping and dropping to get away from predators.

My Jackson did somewhat of the same thing 3 or more months ago-just dropped for no reason- has never done it again- I read somewhere that they do a "dead drop" to avoid being eaten in the wild- I've only had mine for a little over 6 months - so filling out the care sheet or double checking the care can't hurt - I wouldn't freak out too much- (I had to leave work early to check on mine and found her climbing around and back to normal-and she hasn't done it again)

Back
Top Bottom