Jacksons Chameleon Age Question

Nrupaw

Established Member
So there's a baby male Jacksons Chameleon I have had my eye on at my local pet store but never got it because i felt it was too young. Recently, its now started to lose it brown color and get the regular green pigmentation. Its tri-horns are now pretty distinct too. Size wise, i want to say its gotten to around 4 inches from tip horn to end of tail.

Approx. how old do you folks think he is, if the color change is going on now?

Got it. Thanks for the heads up. So i guessing its at the juvenile stage. Any ideas at what age are Jacksons' considered adult?

I asked the same question a little while ago and was told uwards of a year is considered to be adult, but bear in mind that Jacksons grow and mature a lot slower than Veileds or Panthers. Mine is 11 months old now and is 10cm snout to vent and weighs just 31g. He also got more greens coming through at about 4-5 months of age. Here's a pic of him at that age:

TinyWarrior.jpg

Thanks for sharing, He looks very cool! Yeah, the guy I have my eye on is kinda the same size but might be a little bit younger because he still has some brown spotting that's yet to change to green.

Back
Top Bottom