Jackson waste... really need help

luvbug237

I do apologize for yet another thread about my Jackson, I feel like I'm blowing up the forums but I want to see if anyone can help me a little more. My last thread I think may have gotten unread and I do need some help seeing as I can't go back to my vet until the 15th when she returns. She is a specialty reptile vet that goes around to different cities...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/taking-jackson-vet-friday-need-some-advice-124481/

I have attached a picture I JUST took when I came home for lunch. His cage was spotless from being completely cleaned this weekend so this has been just in the last 4 hours. I am really really worried now.... he drank SO much water on Sunday I was hoping a change for the better would happen :( not worse

Please help :(:(

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male Jackson about 2 years old
Handling - Only when putting him back in his cage after free range
Feeding - Crickets, super and hornworms
Supplements - Calcium without D3 every other couple days and vitamins w/ D3 once every 2-4 weeks (was told calcium everyday was too much)
Watering - I have a dripper, fogger and mister for each of my chams
Fecal Description -See picture attached

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18x18x36 screen
Lighting - house bulb for heat - tube UVB
Temperature - bottom around 60 - top/basking 80ish
Humidity - i try to keep it high around 70 for my Jackson
Plants - live ficus... some fake leaves around
Placement - Located in computer room w/ not a lot of movement around, high off the floor on stand
Location - Anchorage AK

For some reason it is giving me a memory error while trying to upload the picture here so I uploaded it to photobucket.. hope you can view

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/luv_bug237/media/02-04-14035.jpg.html

Last edited:
Can you give us any size comparison? It would help to know what that is in size to your boy. It does look a bit strange.

The splatter was about two inches across... I was rather surprised when I saw it. He drank a large amount of water on Sunday so I'm thinking this may be it... I wish the picture would come up larger; I actually think I saw parts of an undigested cricket in the little amount of stool that is there.

Up until Sunday (vet appt) he was active, eating and drinking very well. Since we've gotten home he still seems active, he is always cruising around his enclosure. I have given him crickets the last two days but he doesn't seem interested. Yesterday I tried helping him with some extra water intake but he wasn't having it. Maybe just the stress of his vet appt has made him lose his appitate but he hasn't eaten or drank since Sunday. I will of course try again once I get home this afternoon.

When I came home for lunch and found his present he was walking around and by the time I left he was about half way down on a branch and a little dark. Other than this he has been wonderful. Bright green in color and very responsive. He doesn't seem lethargic at all. Thank you all so much for the questions and trying to help. It means the world to me.

I hope your cham is going to be all right soon! This special vet doesn't come to Whitehorse, YT? Can you may be ask him/her? It would be sooooooo great!We are close to you! :)
First I thought he might has parasites-'cause of the undigested cricket in the poop,but if he had he had big appetite....So I have no idea. Isn't he on antibiotics? Those can cause diarrhea.
But I'm glad he seems good!

He isn't on antibotics - he was tested for parasites and worms and both came up negative. He has an ointment for his chin I am putting on twice a day though.

Just brainstorming here, but i know Hornworms are known to cause runny stool; a worm based diet in generally can cause this. What ratio/ how much are you feeding him worms compared to crickets?

Also, have you tried feeding him Dubia roaches? They are alot meatier than crickets and their exoskeleton can offer your boy more roughage thus helping firm up his stools.

And this last point might be a bit out there, but since Cham's basically digest all the things that are in the gut of the feeder insect they eat; is it possible that you fed something to your crickets/ super worms/hornworms that in turn, didn't agree with your cham - thus giving him the runs….?

Back
Top Bottom