Jackson Growth Chart

We got our baby Jacksons at (supposedly) 3 months old. We've had him for 2 months and I feel like he should be farther along in how he is growing. Also, his horns haven't changed size and he still has his baby coloration. I guess what I'm asking is if this is normal and if anyone has a reference that shows approximately how big they should be at certain ages. Just want to make sure our beeb is growing up healthy!

here he
DSC_0475.jpg
IMG_7640.jpg
IMG_1967.jpg
DSC_0261.jpg
DSC_0093.jpg

Okay, FINALLY getting some updated pictures posted, haha
15966048_10208361817674904_8214770122564142209_n.jpg ~3 months versus 5-6 months
9aadd89ad006932aa20871dacc1f063e.png 5-6 months

He had a great shed on New Years and I feel like he's hit a solid growth spurt. Does he look "on track" to you Jacksons experts?

He is a she that's why the horns aren't growing. Looks healthy tho.
I'm so glad that you think Tango looks healthy!! That's what's most important! Are you sure about the gender? I've always been terrible at sexing chams, I thought for sure I had this one right, haha!

I could be wrong but i was told female jacksons only have one very small horn on tips of there nose, where as males have the longer horns.

There are multiple types of horned chams, though. It's more accurate to look at it's vent. I see a clear indentation there, and no hemipens behind it. But if I am wrong, please tell me, because I am still learning, too.

There's always the chance that Tango is younger than I've estimated. Tango came from a pet store "Oops, here's a manager's special" situation. One of their female Jackson's gave birth so they had a deal where if you bought the Reptibreeze kit you got the baby Jackson's for free. We've had a cham before and decided to go for it. I asked the employees how old they were and got an unsure "3 months". Some of the babies had horns and others didn't but they all looked pretty healthy! Tango was the first one with horns to walk onto my hand, so that's who we picked!

Back
Top Bottom