Jackson chameleon making sounds

Do you know if it is the 5.0 or 10.0 bulb strength? It says it on the bulb at the end.
this is the one that I got it came with a 5.0 uvb but it's 15watts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728_102302_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_102302_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 24
this is the one that I got it came with a 5.0 uvb but it's 15watts.
Right they are both a 15 watt bulb for that 14in T5HO. which is why I need to know what the bulb actually says. If it says it is a 5.0 or a 10.0. The UVB output is different for these two bulbs and so is distance needed.

Ideally you what a T5HO 24 inch fixture that goes the width of your enclosure with a 5.0 bulb. Then distance from the bottom of the fixture to the branches below would be 8-9 inches to put the cham in the right UVI level.

Right they are both a 15 watt bulb for that 14in T5HO. which is why I need to know what the bulb actually says. If it says it is a 5.0 or a 10.0. The UVB output is different for these two bulbs and so is distance needed.

Ideally you what a T5HO 24 inch fixture that goes the width of your enclosure with a 5.0 bulb. Then distance from the bottom of the fixture to the branches below would be 8-9 inches to put the cham in the right UVI level.
the bulb i got is a 5.0 the red box. right so should I get rid of the uvb and get him the 24watts.

alright thank you I will do that right now the chameleon isn't doing any more noises which is good but does anyone knows why he did that.
No idea... May have gotten something stuck in the throat... May be a respiratory infection starting. Just no way to know for sure.

am looking for a plant online amazon would be better I found this I don't know if it's good.
That pothos should be fine

You could also get some plants from Propagated Perfection, she did an interview with Bill Strand (Chameleon Academy) so if you tell her you are a chameleon person she could help you find the perfect plants for your enclosure. You can find her on Etsy and Instagram.

I’m still betting on something stuck in his throat. My veiled ate twice a too big feeder and she also made a hissing sound, but just for a few seconds
yes I think he choke but pass it thought should I still take him to a vet he didn't make any more noises anymore.

I’m standing to my point, that if the situation stays the way it is and he eats, drinks and acts normal plus hopefully he poops (otherwise our fair about the moss comes to play, constipation), I wouldn’t visit a vet. Only if the situation would worsen in any case, then I would make the trip to the vet.

I’m standing to my point, that if the situation stays the way it is and he eats, drinks and acts normal plus hopefully he poops (otherwise our fair about the moss comes to play, constipation), I wouldn’t visit a vet. Only if the situation would worsen in any case, then I would make the trip to the vet.
he actually ate two crickets and a roach and in the morning went to bask. also he pooped which I clean and now he's chill am glad that he isn't coughing anymore and the moss sticks I just put it in my anole cage they love it and it's safer for them then the chameleon.

Did you just take the branches straight from the chameleon cage to the anole cage with no cleaning?
no of course not I give it a clean then I put it in my anoles cage don't worry I had anoles my whole life and they are super easy to take care of I know they are food for reptiles but I don't do that. if you check were I posted the post I have anoles everywhere but I wanted to get a chameleon since I had some experience with reptiles and wanted something challenging and I really love them. but I can't lie they are hard to care for.

So glad you have reptile experience, someone who doesn’t would have given up by now maybe with the chameleon. You’re doing great getting things in check, once you get everything in order they really are not that hard. It’s just fine tuning everything then maintaining and adjusting with season changes. I was so confused when I started keeping and now a year later I got a 2nd one. Your boy is beautiful, yes they make us worry but we have support here on the forum so we know we’re not alone.
My 2 cents on if he needs a vet visit is agreed with the others,I would just observe for a bit and if he doesn’t do it again or show other symptoms of something wrong and hold off on the vet visit.

So glad you have reptile experience, someone who doesn’t would have given up by now maybe with the chameleon. You’re doing great getting things in check, once you get everything in order they really are not that hard. It’s just fine tuning everything then maintaining and adjusting with season changes. I was so confused when I started keeping and now a year later I got a 2nd one. Your boy is beautiful, yes they make us worry but we have support here on the forum so we know we’re not alone.
My 2 cents on if he needs a vet visit is agreed with the others,I would just observe for a bit and if he doesn’t do it again or show other symptoms of something wrong and hold off on the vet visit.
thank you I appreciate it chameleons are fascinating animals and I will wasted whatever the cost just to have my chameleon healthy like I did with the cage I got it yesterday and he already loves it. this forum has been very helpful ill come back in case I do take him to a vet and they tell me what was wrong with him. my life has all been with reptiles since I started with an anole and then leopard geckos then knight anoles and so on then I went with chameleons so thank you for the helps and tips.

Back
Top Bottom