Jackson chameleon making sounds

Hmm... I have never seen that before. Its almost like a dry-heave or something is stuck in his throat or something. How long has he been doing this and how often?

Copy the form below and fill it out regarding your husbandry. The more detail and information you can give us the better. I'll get some experienced keepers on here to chime in..

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high-traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem -

@kinyonga @Beman @MissSkittles - what do you think about this sweet baby boy?

Does he happen to eat or ever shoot at that moss vine? I’m not fluent on that species but I know those are not recommended for panthers. Definitely fill out the husbandry given above , I’m so sorry you’re going through this with your beautiful little guy.

he started doing that minutes ago but he just ate a cricket recently so I don't know if something is stuck he just ate one right now he isn't doing it now but am worried.

Your Chameleon - he's a Jackson chameleon he's a male I belive he's months old I bought him on june 28.

Handling - i dont really handle him much hes very shy and get stress easily so i let him in his cage

FeedinWhat feed him crickets and some roaches he dosent want to eat mealworms but I offer him atleast 4 to 5 crickets a day or atleast if he isn't full and mostly in morning and dusk. the crickets eat different food like romaine lettuce,sweet potato, carrots, and apples.

Supplements Calcium without D3 daily and once a month multivitamins with D3 Repticalium from Zoo Med.

Watering - a misting system but sometimes i spray it with a mister and yes i did saw him drink daily.

Fecal Description - its mostly brown and he does it costanlty i dont know if there is a vet that can help with chameleons in my location but if i know i will go.

History - not really my chameleon just gets high humidity at night and at day time his fogger goes off i clean it weekly.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - the cage is a air screen half glass but for now since his small but ill get him the reptibreeze XLarge.

Lighting - am using the basking bulb repti basking spit lamp from 9am to 9pm and the uvb it's Zoo Med Reptisun T5-Ho Terrarium Hood - 14", with 15 watts i dont know if i should have more watts let me know.

Temperature - i use a measure so the temp gets around 80F at night it reaches 50F and I measure it with a reptile thermometer.

Humidity - around 30 to 50 and at night around 90 I use a fogger.

Plants - I use fake plants.

Placement - it's near a counter it's somehow high.

Current Problem - he's making those noises.

Does he happen to eat or ever shoot at that moss vine? I’m not fluent on that species but I know those are not recommended for panthers. Definitely fill out the husbandry given above , I’m so sorry you’re going through this with your beautiful little guy.
they are Mossy Terrarium Sticks and I haven't had any problem with it if I need to change them then I will but my jackson just recently ate so I don't know if it's an infection. why is he making those noises is it normal?

I don’t know where you are located but there is a thread in here with a list of vets. Try looking there. I’ll see if I can find it for you.

I don’t know where you are located but there is a thread in here with a list of vets. Try looking there. I’ll see if I can find it for you.
thank you I actually live in Clifton New Jersey in the US if possible somewhere near i don't drive but if it's necessary to help my chameleon I'll do it.

I can’t answe why he’s making them noises, I will leave that to the experts but that noise is not normal.

oh shit. never seen them doing that. check with a vet. check for respiratory infection. also not fogger during the day, it can cause respiratory infection. try not feeding late in the day, they need the temperature nad time to digest it.

oh shit. never seen them doing that. check with a vet. check for respiratory infection. also not fogger during the day, it can cause respiratory infection. try not feeding late in the day, they need the temperature nad time to digest it.
okay I see thank you. I don't know how will I get the money but I'll figure it out. I use a fogger during night but not the whole night like around 10 pm to 12.

Back
Top Bottom