jackson care?

Rob G

For a jacksons chameleon, other than 80-85 basking and low 70's ambient then low 60's night temp. What is a good suppliment schedule, feeding schedule, and other tips? I gotta 18"x18"x36" sittin around and will make a 2'x2'x4'-5' once he gets big enough. Ill have a reptisun 5.0 linea ill aslo offer a variety of food items.

i had a female jacksons and the thing i remember most is that they hardly need any supplements do to them being montane and have problems when over supplementing

honestly i suggest dusting crix with plain calcium 3-4 times a week

and calcium with d3 2x a month

you dont need hertivite IMHO

with good gutloading you should be fine

jacksons do not eat that much not like panthers or veileds

young ones maybe 5-10 crix everyday or even every other day

and as adults 4-8 large crix every other day or even every other two days

Thanx ace! Do you think herptivite once every other month be beneficial at all? And I started a different thread on this but haven't gotten any replies back, but there is regular and montane mix cricket crack so would montane be ok for crickets that a veiled would eat or not the right or as "concentrated" amounts of nutrients? Or sould I just have two separate containers for feeders with montane and regular crack?

hmm well overall i think that is your choice

overall i think it wouldnt be "bad" if you use regular crack than montane crack

you would have to talk to Chad from tiki tiki or Steve "SsimsswisS" a forum member that can better explain the differences and benefits from the montane and regular cricket crack

you can use herptivite but very scarcley in my opinion

Most people say that Jackson's don't need as much calcium as others, but I still lightly dust all my crickets at every feeding, which is every other day now that he is about 11 months and almost full grown, I don't dust worms though because i use them mostly as treats and that might be over-supplementing a bit. Use calcium w/o D3 at every feeding and a calcium with D3 and multivitamin one day, like Friday, every other week(switching between the 2) I have an 18x18x36 enclosure for him and it definitely looks like enough space so you don't really need to go bigger. Also, Jackson's seem to love any feeder that flies/ moves around a lot and keep humidity about 60-80. Other than that, enjoy! They are amazing creatures :)

Thanx for the help/info. I think I'm gunna do plain calcium every other feeding, d3 twice a month, and harptivite every 6 weeks. And I have read that 18x18x36 is big enough, but IMO bigger is better for cham enclosures

Back
Top Bottom