Jackson’s outside for the night

This might clear things up this is my 7 month old male for comparison.
B47BEC51-B254-4B00-ABE5-7837765F99E2.jpeg

Well I appreciate the reference and I see why they all think him older, his horns look way advanced, but you’re cham’s vent looks way more advanced than mine and he is even larger in frame (elongated ) than mine. Plus I’m not fantasizing when I say he has grown a full 1-1/2 in. in last two months. Wouldn’t his growth have slowed if he’s a yearling? And finally, me, the vet, and supposed breeder put his age at the same with no bias. I was only one that knew the others opinion. Maybe I’m just hopeful I didn’t get beat on an older less developed specimen. But I due have legitimate reasons for where I find his age.

I never asked for anyone’s opinion on his age! And am
Quite capable of deducing a reptiles age al by my little bitty self. You cannot see in pictures what I can in person. And I’ve watched him grow over last few months. So how bout you push ur opinions on someone else!
Didn´t you made a thread where you were asking which subspecies you had?
And I would never take a venders word. That’s y he went strait to a reptile vet whom confirmed the age without knowing what the vender said! And I agree!
Dude, you didn´t even know what subspecies it was, how knowledgeble could this veterinarian be on jacksons to tell you the age if he can not even tell you the subspecies which are quite different in coloration and proportions. No one said you asked for an opinion. I am corrcting a wrong statment, you do what you want with it. You have an adult animal, jacksonii jacksonii grow slowly and their proportions reach their adult ratio quite late. His horns would not have come out fully yet if he was 6 months. They are not like yemens that explode with every shed. They stay small about a finger big in body size their colors come in, their horns get longer, they get marks on their tail ( this is one they get older). Most likely scenary your vet had contact with xantholopus jacksons and extrapolate what he may know about it to your animal.

Whatever it doesn´t matter. You have a beautiful animal. I hope it get´s to live to 17 years and breeds without inbreeding and his line can be track back in all his decendants offspring.

got nothing for Jacksons did not learn about them although I do have my trusty secret calcium scoop that are in all the bens, and I still can't get over that.🙃

The growth rate does indicate a younger animal. They do continue to grow until about 2 years of age but not that rapidly.

I never asked what subspecies I had! I implied I didn’t know just to start a conversation (excuse me). And ur an assh....
you just had to keep digging on a subject I obviously wanted left alone. But thanks to you I now know I was lied to and ripped off so I’ll b at next reptile expo and I’m selling it for 50$ to first offer. So thanx for ruining this little lizards chance at his best life and thanks for ruining this experience for me as well fu.. off!

I never asked what subspecies I had! I implied I didn’t know just to start a conversation (excuse me). And ur an assh....
you just had to keep digging on a subject I obviously wanted left alone. But thanks to you I now know I was lied to and ripped off so I’ll b at next reptile expo and I’m selling it for 50$ to first offer. So thanx for ruining this little lizards chance at his best life and thanks for ruining this experience for me as well fu.. off!
Please tell me that you are kidding when you say that you are going to sell him at the next reptile expo for $50 bucks. While leedragon might have been a little rough giving you proper information, he is by no means the cause of "ruining this little lizards chance at his best life and thanks for ruining this experience for me as well fu.. off!" The lizard's well-being comes first. While it is up to you whether or not you sell him, selling him at $50 bucks endangers his life. Some impulse buyer will see the $50 price tag and jump on it with no knowledge of husbandry requirements.

There is no need at all to put your cham's life at stake by selling "it" and I will be extremely disappointed. If you want resources for finding a good reputable breeder, we can give you that information on here, but please reconsider selling your cham, especially at that price point.

I'll refrain from making further judgments until I read your response to this message.

Kinda reminds me of the time i was jogging and a woman had a veiled on her shoulder. I think she was expecting me to compliment her on her "pretty girl". mam thats a boy. No shes a girl, she doesnt like men. No mam hes a boy, and they dont like anyone, see them rear feet tabs.

I did not like the look of disappointment in her face, hope she kept it...

Dude seriously I appologize. It shouldn´t matter how old it is for you to have it. it´s that much of a problem just don´t mind me.

Please tell me that you are kidding when you say that you are going to sell him at the next reptile expo for $50 bucks. While leedragon might have been a little rough giving you proper information, he is by no means the cause of "ruining this little lizards chance at his best life and thanks for ruining this experience for me as well fu.. off!" The lizard's well-being comes first. While it is up to you whether or not you sell him, selling him at $50 bucks endangers his life. Some impulse buyer will see the $50 price tag and jump on it with no knowledge of husbandry requirements.

There is no need at all to put your cham's life at stake by selling "it" and I will be extremely disappointed. If you want resources for finding a good reputable breeder, we can give you that information on here, but please reconsider selling your cham, especially at that price point.

I'll refrain from making further judgments until I read your response to this message.
Mendez correct. imagine som body who's care is all wrong sees that cute cham for $50 they are going to buy it and use completely incorrect care and give this Jacksons chameleon who lives a long time a short miserable life. Look at your little guy think about how mad you would be you figured out that your torturing this creature by giving him to some impulse buyer. You shouldn't sell him but if you do at least I've him to somebody who will give him a good life.

I have a Jackson’s, we live in western pa and it’s 78 today almost 90 in the sun but will drop to 51 tonight! Any thoughts on this being to much of a drop. Or is a 6 month old equipped for low almost 50 degrees through night? Oh it’s abought 40% humidity and I plan on watching him till morning humidity starts to rise.
My 6 month old babies went from daytime temps of approaching 90, to nightime in the high 30’s. No problem, and they were hungry and eating the next morning at 42. Last week they went through an entire day of rain and 38 degrees. It’s 90 here now. No problem.

My 6 month old babies went from daytime temps of approaching 90, to nightime in the high 30’s. No problem, and they were hungry and eating the next morning at 42. Last week they went through an entire day of rain and 38 degrees. It’s 90 here now. No problem.
Further to my last, the benefits of outdoor keeping (if done correctly), far outweigh the negatives.

Back
Top Bottom