Jackson’s outside for the night

You need to make that cage predator proof if you are keeping it out over night. Some memebers have had raccons, rats and hawks break through the screen. The temps are okey they need the cold. My mentor told me jacksons found with light snow on them in captivity. They were brough in then when noticed but they managed. That jacksonii jacksonii is no fking way 6 months old. I say it´s around a year. As pointed out you need more plants. lots and lots of plants. Put n a benjamin ficus. plenty of lush for it to hid and climb.

Last edited:
queen.png

And im here just grabbing the popcorn. Wonder if i can change my title too :)

That is not his primary cage it’s just for out door time! And he wasn’t left exposed at all. He was in my front doorway with screen door closed n locked. There is a Yucca tree and a dracaena in there. there just young and will grow to fill the enclosure quite fast. But this is his actual terrarium minus My bromeliad because it has 2 pups that I’m trying to start off strong with some actual sunlight.
504A78A1-8798-49DD-AFE8-D87BBE55F3F7.jpeg

Also I apologize he is actually a little over 7 months. Guess he looks bigger in pictures lol
yeah he is not under one year. It´s is not how big he looks but how old he looks. Also if he is in the outdorr cage the outdorr cage needs plants. the indoor aswell, the plants will grow but in the meantime the need is still there. Make sure the outdorrs cage is predator proof for your own sake. if it is as it is right now then good. if not then it´s priority.

yeah he is not under one year. It´s is not how big he looks but how old he looks. Also if he is in the outdorr cage the outdorr cage needs plants. the indoor aswell, the plants will grow but in the meantime the need is still there. Make sure the outdorrs cage is predator proof for your own sake. if it is as it is right now then good. if not then it´s priority
yeah he is not under one year. It´s is not how big he looks but how old he looks. Also if he is in the outdorr cage the outdorr cage needs plants. the indoor aswell, the plants will grow but in the meantime the need is still there. Make sure the outdorrs cage is predator proof for your own sake. if it is as it is right now then good. if not then it´s priority.
Well we will have to agree to disagree. I guess! The breeder and vet both put him at 5 months when purchased a little over 2 months ago he was finishing a shed at that time and increased in color. also he grew 1-1/2 inch since. He is a little over 6 in. At present and I sure hope ur mistaken because I’ll b a little upset if he doesn’t continue to grow a little longer because he is quite small

Well we will have to agree to disagree. I guess! The breeder and vet both put him at 5 months when purchased a little over 2 months ago he was finishing a shed at that time and increased in color. also he grew 1-1/2 inch since. He is a little over 6 in. At present and I sure hope ur mistaken because I’ll b a little upset if he doesn’t continue to grow a little longer because he is quite small
Jacksonii jacksonii are small. There is no way he is 6 months. It really doesn´t matter. You already pay for it and have it. It´s not like it gonna need to show an idea at the club or something. Besides the lack of plant I say it´s alright just don´t let the temperatures go hotter than 27 celcius.

Jacksonii jacksonii are small. There is no way he is 6 months. It really doesn´t matter. You already pay for it and have it. It´s not like it gonna need to show an idea at the club or something. Besides the lack of plant I say it´s alright just don´t let the temperatures go hotter than 27 celcius.
Wow dude just wow!

I agree with @leedragon, your jacksonii is over a year old in age, regardless of what the vendor said or advertised. This doesn't change much in how you care for him except for how often and how much you feed him. Since he is an adult, he should be fed as such, no need to feed him as a growing juvenile or he will end up getting obese. I would feed him two to three feeders every other day. The number of feeders will vary as feeder size is variable.

I never asked for anyone’s opinion on his age! And am
Quite capable of deducing a reptiles age al by my little bitty self. You cannot see in pictures what I can in person. And I’ve watched him grow over last few months. So how bout you push ur opinions on someone else!

And I would never take a venders word. That’s y he went strait to a reptile vet whom confirmed the age without knowing what the vender said! And I agree!

I never asked for anyone’s opinion on his age! And am
Quite capable of deducing a reptiles age al by my little bitty self. You cannot see in pictures what I can in person. And I’ve watched him grow over last few months. So how bout you push ur opinions on someone else!
I'm not trying to be condescending by any means, I just offered my opinion that so happens to agree with @leedragon. I'm not trying to push my opinions on anyone, and it's totally OKAY to disagree with opinions. I'm sure you are a very capable person, I was just trying to help, my bad. Our messages were not meant as an attack on you or the care you are providing your cham.

Determining a reptile's age can be quite hard, especially for a vet who probably doesn't breed them. Perhaps @JacksJill, a very reputable and experienced jacksonii jacksonii breeder can help offer an estimate.

And sorry to disappoint you @Mrjamwin, no popcorn-worthy roasts are coming from me (yet?).:ROFLMAO:

Ok...sorry I was out all day at the dentist's...urghhh.

@JacksJill said..." knows that Kaizen and I both have a strong interest and a good bit of experience with this species and I breed the jacksonii jacksonii subspecies. She was tagging us to help out. She is rather a queen here because she researches everything on chameleons and has brought every possible scientific article to this forum. She also tirelessly gives of her time to help others with chameleon problems. She was keeping chameleons way way way before it became mainstream, a true pioneer. She is a fantastic person to have in your corner"...thankyou for all the comments. As usual..you give me too much credit. I do the searches for papers to learn and then figure why not post them so others can read them too and learn if they want to.

I help people whenever I can because I love chameleons and other reptiles and I don't like to see people have problems keeping them. Even after 30+ years of keeping them, I still don't have all the answers. :(

And, yes...I tagged kaizen and jacksjill because they have more experience than I've had with Jackson's chameleons.

@JuniorC said..."@kinyonga is one of the more respected and advanced keepers on here. That's why they even asked someone else to help you out. Before you start labeling people"...I don't think Kracker was intending to label me...just curious.

@Kracker said..."She introduced herself as the queen"...I didn't introduce myself as queen. It shows up under my "avatar" because it was a title I was given....just like @JacksJill said..."I see where you got it now. Long long time Chameleon Enthusiasts are getting new titles". I know you were asking because you noticed it, Kracker.

Anyhow...sorry it took me so long to respond.

Back
Top Bottom