Ivy's first shed

Chillinsideways

I was so excited yesterday to see ivy was having her first shed and it seems to be going well but she has not moved since yesterday morning is this normal or should this be of concern. The whole time she has been in her sleep spot

Attachments

• IMG_20210315_102917.jpg
    IMG_20210315_102917.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 64
Shedding can be stressful so make sure your chameleon has privacy (and your cage is elevated) and make sure she is hydrated. Chameleons are dry shedders so it’s unnecessary to keep the shed moisturized. Having appropriate UV is important as well, what is your lighting setup? (Bulb type/strength/age/distance to basking)

What is your supplement schedule? I was just reading thru your previous thread and was wondering if you were able to upgrade your UV? And have you added more plants to your enclosure since then? I saw some additional plants but not much more privacy. I do wonder if it could be something internal going on.

What is your supplement schedule? I was just reading thru your previous thread and was wondering if you were able to upgrade your UV? And have you added more plants to your enclosure since then? I saw some additional plants but not much more privacy. I do wonder if it could be something internal going on.
She has become active she gets calcium without d3 every feeding and vitamins with 2x per month. She has become more active and this afternoon a lot of the shed has come off

Back
Top Bottom