Its been two years.

Cainschams

Since I got these little whistling turds.

Pics are from not long ago and a little video today while cleaning their cage.

Female 1.
007-7.jpg

Female 2.
003-8.jpg

Video.

Ha ha that video got me. I was watching the one slowly turn around. And then all of the sudden a tongue from beside it. Made me jump!

awsome!!! i love these girls:D

T. niykazae:cool: lol forgot how to spell it :p it starts with an "N"

them fancy whistling chams:p

Thanks guys! I think the video shows how vibrant they are better than the pics:eek:

They are Trioceros goetzei nyikae. You could consider them a communal species. I started keeping the two together a while after they were acclimated and they "get along" just fine. They often sleep close to each other and are not aggressive at all toward each other.

I have not had any babies from either girl. None have been imported since then either. They have to come in as farm raised.

For those who dont know. Their common name is Nyika Whistling Chameleon and they really do whistle!!! Or at least squeal:D
https://www.chameleonforums.com/trioceros-goetzei-cry-34693/

Here they are when I first got them. Terrible photos.
Picture1062.jpg

Picture1060.jpg

I hope some come in this year! It'd be nice to see these females producing CH babies. Does anyone else besides Trace keep these?(and obviously you)

LPR08

Thanks again everyone!! The video does really show how vibrant they are. It was 70 with patchy sun so they were nice and dark trying to soak as much of that up as possible. I really do enjoy them! It would be nice for more to come in but with my luck it will be very soon since I have a house full of Bradypodion that no one wants LOL!! No way I can buy more chams with 3000$ wrapped up in them. Oh well though, they are really cool too;)

As far as I know between my friends here and in Germany I am the only one with any in captivity. This doesnt mean there arent any more its just we do not know of any.

LOL, Hecticz!!! The one just looked at me like WTF dude? Where is mine? She didnt get one either hahahahahahahahahaha:D Actually she is the pig out of the two, always trying to snag up all the food before the other so I usually hand feed the other one a few extra bugs here and there;)

As far as I know between my friends here and in Germany I am the only one with any in captivity.

Lol that reminds me of a joke here among reptile keepers...

Q. What happens when a new species is discovered?
A. Two Germans buy plane tickets! :D

No offence Benny or any other Germans here. :)

edit: I suppose I should explain this, the reason for the joke is,
apart from German nationals being so commonly busted here smuggling
reptiles (statistically high with Japanese a close second) is that German freinds in the hobby
boast far more Australian native species, than even Aussies are allowed to keep here!
The Japanese have a penchant for our gecko species aswell and it irks Aussy keepers I guess
that species which are denied us here in captivity, particularly rare ones, are common in captivity
In japan, germany and elsewhere overseas, and our own stupid laws both prevent us importing,
wild catching or possessing them! Go figure! :)

Last edited:
As far as I know between my friends here and in Germany I am the only one with any in captivity.

Lol that reminds me of a joke here among reptile keepers...

Q. What happens when a new species is discovered?
A. Two Germans buy plane tickets! :D

No offence Benny or any other Germans here. :)

edit: I suppose I should explain this, the reason for the joke is,
apart from German nationals being so commonly busted here smuggling
reptiles (statistically high with Japanese a close second) is that German freinds in the hobby
boast far more Australian native species, than even Aussies are allowed to keep here!
The Japanese have a penchant for our gecko species aswell and it irks Aussy keepers I guess
that species which are denied us here in captivity, particularly rare ones, are common in captivity
In japan, germany and elsewhere overseas, and our own stupid laws both prevent us importing,
wild catching or possessing them! Go figure! :)

I thought some one posted chameleons where illigal in Australia, or was that false?

Oh well even if so, no worries mate (always look for a exuces to say that). we'll keep it on the down low, or would that be the down under? :D

Back
Top Bottom