It's a sad day in Florida

joshuadh2310

Established Member
so something very unexpected has come up with work and will require about 55+ hours a week a new location to live and a lot of travel involving me not being able to be home for weeks at a time. With me not being married and having no one at my house to take care of my little ones I'm sadly going to have to be selling them. It would be way too hard to have someone come and care for them while I'm gone and ultimately not anyone else's responsibility but mine and I just couldn't put trust in anyone I know to do such a task as no one has any experience with them and if some health issue or something like that were to arise then they wouldn't even recognize it and that can get ugly quick. Please no hatful comments here or anything about how chameleons really don't require a lot of attention. This decision was such a hard thing to make as I love my chameleons like they are my children but the time I have for them is really uncertain at this point and I believe that's not fair to them. I don't want to end up neglecting them and when I have to be gone for weeks at a time that's an obvious thing that will happen. There is so much to say on this subject and it's all really sad but has to be done. I will make a for sale post for each of them and will also be selling the equipment for them as I won't be able to get back into chameleons for an unknown time but I can say it will be a long time as I don't plan on getting married anytime soon and my job is not a job it's a career. For those of you interested I work for a private company who contracts with oil company's such as shell BP etc.. I go out and work on things on their oil platforms and things of that nature. Thanks for everyone's time and help I will try and get those posts up later today but for those of you who don't know I have a male parsons chameleon and a female nosy faly. Feel free to message me for any in depth questions or comment with whatever. Thanks again everyone

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

Same too buddy, sorry to hear about your predicament. They are both beautifully. Wished I lived in Florida. I hope you find someone who will love them as much as you.

Thanks guys. It's very depressing but I just want what's best for them and I won't be able to give that to them here soon. I guess I should also mention I can ship them through ship your reptiles but all of the details will be put into the for sale post.

I'm so sorry to hear this. That's an unbelievably difficult choice to make, but always know that you are doing the right thing if you cannot care for them any longer.

I am so sorry as well. I can tell how much they mean to you. If you lived closer I would offer my help, but alas I am in MI. I have no problem talking in people's babies and caring for them till their owners get back from vacation, leave in the service, work related things, etc. Know in your heart you are absolutely doing what is best for your babies.

I am so sorry as well. I can tell how much they mean to you. If you lived closer I would offer my help, but alas I am in MI. I have no problem talking in people's babies and caring for them till their owners get back from vacation, leave in the service, work related things, etc. Know in your heart you are absolutely doing what is best for your babies.
Thanks for the thought anyways! I think I have someone who would do this for me but I think this new work thing is going to be like this for a couple years because of a new contract we got so :confused:

Really sad- I saw the ad before I read this so - yes really sorry for you and I hope all goes well and maybe you come come back to keeping chams again soon, That's a heck of a hard decision and my heart goes out to you but good luck for your future work.
I'd cham share for you if I could- if I lived in Florida-sorry-i don't:(

Thanks guys. It's very depressing but I just want what's best for them and I won't be able to give that to them here soon. I guess I should also mention I can ship them through ship your reptiles but all of the details will be put into the for sale post.
Have you sold hem yet

Back
Top Bottom