Issues with mistking mister

Kingtux

Good day, this is my first time here. I have had chameleons for a couple of years now. Recently my mistking mister isnt spraying.
My cats have knocked over the pump a few times, and my water tank has gone empty a few time. Now I have mounted it vertically and still no spray.

I have hooked the tube from my water tank to the pump and water flows out the other side of the pump. I've hooked up tube for the misters but nothing is coming out. I disconnect the tube to the sprayers, and suck on it,to see if there is a clog and there is no issues. I hold the override button for 20 minutes and only get a few drops. Can someone help me

Is your pump below the water reservoir? Take a picture of how you have it set up. They are gravity fed so the pump needs to sit below the reservoir.

Is your pump below the water reservoir? Take a picture of how you have it set up. They are gravity fed so the pump needs to sit below the reservoir.
Yes my pump is below my water reservoir. I have mounted the pump vertically to a leg of the stand that the cage and reservoir is on.

Attachments

• 20200412_115954.jpg
    20200412_115954.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 141
Yes my pump is below my water reservoir. I have mounted the pump vertically to a leg of the stand that the cage and reservoir is on.
Ok so is that the reservoir next to it?

Needs to be like this... pump sitting below reservoir so it is gravity fed then the pump does it's work.

IMG_2587.jpg

Welp then it should be working lol. Ok and you are disconnecting it from the mist nozzle and pressing the up arrow until it flows yes?
Yes but nothing is happening just drops. I'm held the button for 20 mintues last night.

Yes but nothing is happening just drops. I'm held the button for 20 mintues last night.
And the lines are secure into and out of the pump? Pushed in all the way to where it clicks and can not pull out right? Do you use RO or distilled water or Tap water?

Perhaps try running hot water through your misting nozzles, maybe you have a mineral buildup clogging the nozzle?

I use tap water. And the tubes are pushed in tight
I think that may very well be your issue... Tap water causes build up in the pump and in the hoses and nozzles. It is a matter of time before it kills off equipment. Using RO (reverse osmosis) or distilled water makes it so you do not get the calcium build up. Most pet stores that have salt water fish sell the RO.
I think your pump is shot. :(

I have water running through the lines when the pump turns on, but nothing but drops are coming out of the nozzles

Then like I said you probably have build up in your nozzles due to using tap water.
I'm going to try clr and put the mister nozzles in it and see if I can clean them up. If it doesnt work I will have to buy new nozzles and change water

Take the nozzles off and soak them in a container of vinegar for about an hour or two and if you want shuffle the nozzles around to knock off all the heavy build up. Then rinse them thoroughly with clean water. That should work if your problem resides in the nozzles.

Take the nozzles off and soak them in a container of vinegar for about an hour or two and if you want shuffle the nozzles around to knock off all the heavy build up. Then rinse them thoroughly with clean water. That should work if your problem resides in the nozzles.
If that doesn’t do the trick, I would just buy a new nozzle. You should be able to get one for less than $20.

Back
Top Bottom