Issues with mistking mister

Good day, this is my first time here. I have had chameleons for a couple of years now. Recently my mistking mister isnt spraying.
My cats have knocked over the pump a few times, and my water tank has gone empty a few time. Now I have mounted it vertically and still no spray.

I have hooked the tube from my water tank to the pump and water flows out the other side of the pump. I've hooked up tube for the misters but nothing is coming out. I disconnect the tube to the sprayers, and suck on it,to see if there is a clog and there is no issues. I hold the override button for 20 minutes and only get a few drops. Can someone help me
How did your misting situation work out? Did you use clr or vinegar? I tried clr once but it leaves a soapy residue inside the nozzles and is difficult to get out. I don't think that is safe for the chams. Did you try just taking one nozzle off and start the pump to see if water squirts out that line? Always use distilled water is what they recommend. I use a PUR filter and have done so for about 8 years and it seems to work for me. Let us know what worked for you.

How did your misting situation work out? Did you use clr or vinegar? I tried clr once but it leaves a soapy residue inside the nozzles and is difficult to get out. I don't think that is safe for the chams. Did you try just taking one nozzle off and start the pump to see if water squirts out that line? Always use distilled water is what they recommend. I use a PUR filter and have done so for about 8 years and it seems to work for me. Let us know what worked for you.
I put my nozzles in vinegar,last night for an hour and then cleaned them with clean water, but the result is the same. No spray coming out of the nozzles, and I have water coming through the tubes.

Attachments

• 20200413_083814.jpg
    20200413_083814.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200413_083852.jpg
    20200413_083852.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 103
I put my nozzles in vinegar,last night for an hour and then cleaned them with clean water, but the result is the same. No spray coming out of the nozzles, and I have water coming through the tubes.
Just wondering, did you adjust the nozzle head?

No I didnt adjust the nozzle head. I was told not to adjust the nozzle head when I bought the system
Okay, I was just wondering. I know a couple people did that and messed it all up.
The only other thing I could think of is an object is blocking the water flow in the nozzle. (Not calcium buildup) Try taking the nozzle apart and cleaning with a Q-tip.

Okay, so then it looks like the nozzles are stopped up for sure. It is very touchy to disassemble them and even then you may not be able to remove the gunk. If you are very, very careful, you might try to soak them in the CLR for about 3 hours or more. Maybe even overnight. BUT be sure that you rinse them outside of the enclosure before using them again. Even take the hose out of the cage and put the nozzles back on one at a time and flush it in a pitcher or glass until it runs totally clear and stops foaming. Then run it some more. You don't want to poison your chamy. If it works, go ahead and reinstall the line and nozzles after you've cleared them all. Next, go on the MistKing site and order a couple of spare nozzles and rotate them once a month or so to keep them from getting stopped up again. Clean the used ones and flush them the same way and put them away until next month. You can do this forever.
Using tap water and especially warm water is probably not a good idea. It will allow slime to build up in your tank and lines. Get some blue Repti-Safe water treatment and put a teaspoon per gallon. I've been using the same 7 gallon tank for about 8 years and have only had to clean it once.

Not on your topic but are you using compact UVB bulbs or do you have a T5HO fixture that just is not visible in the picture?

I'm using a zoo med double light container. I have a 5.0 UVB and a 75w basking bulb.
You should upgrade your UVB lighting... The compact UVB bulbs have shown to be very ineffective for putting out the proper UVI levels within an enclosure for a chameleon. Chams with CFL bulbs have a much higher risk of MBD from mild cases to very extreme. I would upgrade to a T5HO linear fixture with a 5.0 UVB bulb. Get a fixture that runs the width of your enclosure and center it.

Have you tried priming the pump? Disconnect the outflow tubing from the pump and let some water run out. Then hook it back up and see if it works. I have to do this when my reservoir has run too low.

Always use distilled, RO, or Ion Exchanged water to avoid clogging your misters or humidifiers. The stuff they send us in the tap is just pure nastiness. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to distilled or RO water you should check out the company Zero Water. It's a water pitcher with a 5 stage ion exchange water filter that takes your tap water to 000 TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) such as RO and distilled water. I will be doing a full review of this company today or tomorrow.

Have you tried priming the pump? Disconnect the outflow tubing from the pump and let some water run out. Then hook it back up and see if it works. I have to do this when my reservoir has run too low.
I have. Water flows through the pump and out the other side.

Back
Top Bottom