US ISO Discoids [FOUND]

Hashtag ChamLife

Avid Member
Looking for discoids shipped or available within Florida. For sizing I'd prefer closer to medium or sub adults... but am not picky. I have all ages and sizes of eaters.
[Discoids, green bananas, etc. are native and LEGAL]

My local one local shop killed their colony and my other lost my business when I walked in to see 2 rows of 5 cages, males on top, "pregnant females" below. All houses 2 to a cage, no lay bin and all from the same clutch - but I digress.

I have 2 colonies but one is fresh and the other will be decimated.

Side note - if you also have other bugs to sell/ship/pass along with the roaches let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Where in Fl are you? There's Linda as mentioned, Donna's discoids (fb) is in the Ocala area but she's pick up only. Since your wife is on fb have her search for the group "discoid roaches-feeders". There is usually a few postings of someone selling.

Where in Fl are you? There's Linda as mentioned, Donna's discoids (fb) is in the Ocala area but she's pick up only. Since your wife is on fb have her search for the group "discoid roaches-feeders". There is usually a few postings of someone selling.
Excellent. I'm in the "Tampa Bay Area". More to the north west - towards Ocala. I'll check that out as it's only about an hour drive.

I did get in touch with Linda. She has awesome prices and a good selection... but shes up in the panhandle by Alabama/Georgia etc, which is 5 hours each way.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Excellent. I'm in the "Tampa Bay Area". More to the north west - towards Ocala. I'll check that out as it's only about an hour drive.

I did get in touch with Linda. She has awesome prices and a good selection... but shes up in the panhandle by Alabama/Georgia etc, which is 5 hours each way.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Gotcha so in my area lol.

Interesting... I've talked to a few folk on the forums and seems like everyone lives on the east cost.

Got any bugs for sale? = P

Lol, I'm in the "dead zone" between the sun coast and nature coast. Isopods I could probably help with atm but I've run my discoids a little to thin atm lol.

Lol, I'm in the "dead zone" between the sun coast and nature coast. Isopods I could probably help with atm but I've run my discoids a little to thin atm lol.
Actually I was talking more of the mantids/stick/leaf variety. I have some eggs from a pair of the native Anisomorpha buprestoides [two-stripped walking stick](not the cool Ocala variation though) if you're interested.

I also have 2 Chinese mantis oothecas that are due to hatch soon. Depending on how that goes I will likely have a few dozen/hundred.

I did have some snails, but I'm not sure I like this specific species. I need to take a trip down to Naples or the glades...

Actually I was talking more of the mantids/stick/leaf variety. I have some eggs from a pair of the native Anisomorpha buprestoides [two-stripped walking stick](not the cool Ocala variation though) if you're interested.

I also have 2 Chinese mantis oothecas that are due to hatch soon. Depending on how that goes I will likely have a few dozen/hundred.

I did have some snails, but I'm not sure I like this specific species. I need to take a trip down to Naples or the glades...

Gotcha, I don't have any of the "prohibited" feeders lol. Permits for other things, leads to inspections which leads to finding the prohibited stuff haha. Really it's stupid to be prohibited though since you can find the stuff out in the woods here lmao.

Gotcha, I don't have any of the "prohibited" feeders lol. Permits for other things, leads to inspections which leads to finding the prohibited stuff haha. Really it's stupid to be prohibited though since you can find the stuff out in the woods here lmao.
Interesting... the way it was explained to me by someone from "fish & game" basically told me that I could "keep as a pet... or whatever... so long as you don't attempt to advertise and sell them". In a nutshell, so long as I don't get it off of protected lands and don't sell them there was no need for a permit.

Regardless... I technically don't have any bugs in my posession. Just know where to find them nearby ; )

Interesting... the way it was explained to me by someone from "fish & game" basically told me that the only things I can't collect from outside and "keep as a pet... or whatever... so long as you don't attempt to advertise and sell them". In a nutshell, so long as I don't get it off of protected lands and don't sell them there was no need for a permit.

Regardless... I technically don't have any bugs in my posession. Just know where to find them nearby ; )

Lol, it's the "may or may not be in my house" scenario. Meaning, before I started having to look into permits for various things, I may or may not have had some of those. After looking into the permits and finding inspections being done is part of the permit, it's a I don't have them in my house anymore lol. This is straight off the Fl agricultural site though.

But, interestingly enough, I have bought "restricted b" species from a store in our area a few times and quickly fed them off. I haven't seen them back in stock in a while though tbh.

Screenshot_2019-10-08-12-46-42.png

I ended up going with Donna's Discoids. Well above and beyond and quick to respond. Ended up being about an hour drive each way - which in my opinion is completely acceptable. I also ended up getting quite a bit of roaches for an absolute bargain! On top of all that, it's just a lady as opposed to a retailer... so I encourage anyone in the area to buy her roaches!

She was nice, excellent pricing [I also bought in bulk, but she still has better pricing], her bugs look and act healthy, and no store in the Tampa/St. Pete/Brandon/Lakeland etc. area even had a single roach, much less the almost 300 I was able to buy from her!

If anyone else happens to be looking for discoids and do (or don't for an extra few bucks) live in the area, let me know! I'd much rather help this lady sell bugs than my "local pet shop"!!

Thanks again for the heads up @dshuld

Edit: photos of a quality product..
20191019_171605.jpg 20191019_171625.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom