Is this setup good enough?

The Bearded Derek

Just yesterday I finished making a new setup for my Veiled chameleon and so far I think it came it rather decent.

His floor is repti-carpet (Those pebbles are there to push down the carpet, since it isn't completely flat, some crickets might be able to go under it, so I need to fix that. Should be easy) I was told to clutter the middle up a bit so he can hide and feel comfortable, while the lower and top part should be less cramped. I'm using Great Stuff (The dark brown stuff you see on the front and right) to hold the plants. I saw it being used on a picture from Dragon Strand so I thought it would've been good to do the same. It's being held from custom ledges that my sister and a friend made. The live plants are Schefflera Arboricola and the top one, I'm not exactly sure what it is, I just know it's a Echevaria/Succulent (Paper said it was a Hybrid so I'm not sure) that I read on a safe plant list that said echevarias were alright. Inside the Great Stuff where the plants are is organic potter's soil (No fertilizer or anything bad)

Only thing I'm missing is to add a dripper and to hang the lights from the ceiling.

Is the cage suitable?

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 295
Just yesterday I finished making a new setup for my Veiled chameleon and so far I think it came it rather decent.

His floor is repti-carpet (Those pebbles are there to push down the carpet, since it isn't completely flat, some crickets might be able to go under it, so I need to fix that.

It may be hard or inconvenient to change out the carpet which means you may do it less often. It looks as if you need to remove all the plants and other items just to change it. Not saying it won't work, but you will need to watch it for mold build up. Its going to spend a lot of its time damp or wet. Might not work all that well.

It may be hard or inconvenient to change out the carpet which means you may do it less often. It looks as if you need to remove all the plants and other items just to change it. Not saying it won't work, but you will need to watch it for mold build up. Its going to spend a lot of its time damp or wet. Might not work all that well.

It looks really cramped upfront but in the middle there's a large (Manageable would be a better word for it) area that I can do almost everything. As for the carpet I might remove it and add some sort of drainage layer or just leave it bare.

In terms of floor, you can also get a 'substrate' tray and place the carpet in there, or have your cage rest on a tray system (like a bird cage) so it can be easy access, without having to remove anything inside.

I just noticed that the green and white plant isn't an Echevaria as the paper said it was. The little paper it had on said it was an Echevaria hybrid but I forgot what it was crossed with and as I google Echevaria Hybrids, none of the plants look anything like it. So far he's eaten a few of the leaves and I don't see anything wrong with him, so I'm not too worried.

In terms of floor, you can also get a 'substrate' tray and place the carpet in there, or have your cage rest on a tray system (like a bird cage) so it can be easy access, without having to remove anything inside.

I suppose I could do that. Sounds easier.

Back
Top Bottom