Is this right !!!!

Jish an speedy

Speedy my veiled about 17 weeks old has been shedding his skin he has more or less got it off but checked on him before his lights went off and he was lying at the bottom off the tank actually on the floor of his viv.
His lights have gone off now and he has went to sleep there.
Is this normal behaviour I've read about th jumping off branches so hoping he hasn't jumped.
Any ideas ppl ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362780933.449430.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362780942.915896.jpg

He should NOT be laying like that.
He most likely fell off due to poor grip.

Are you feeding him calcium dust on his food every day?

Yes been givin him his calcium he normally gets about very good.
Shud I try picking him up see how he is or wait till he wakes in the morning to check on him.
Thanks for reply

Oh no, hope he didn't fall ! This thread should be reposted in the health clinic! Hope everything is well, nothing scarier then a chameleon being sick or hurt

If he was just laying there making no attempt to walk, he probably fell down and was in shock for a little bit. :(

I wouldn't worry too much if you are giving the right supplements. Sometimes they fall.

If he develops irregular eating habits/doesn't wanna eat after this for a couple days, you should probably worry. If he drinks/eats/acts normal after, he's probably fine. :)

Yes he has gone asleep like this now. He seemed fine before I noticed him lying there.
He's been drinking before this also
How do I repost do I just start a new thread in health
Thanks for help guys

You should fill out the how to ask for help form so we can try to help you figure out what's wrong. Use the search function to find the form, it is really necessary to have all the husbandry info before offering good advice.

I don't like the look of the way he is lying there.. His front arm looks odd.

"He" seems like a she to me. And from having veileds: my female does this sometimes she's looking for a good digging spot

"He" is defiantly a "he" the breeder has 15 years experience and sold me it as a male as I didn't want a male. The breeder as kept many different chams so I take his word for it.
Thanks for input anythn else let me no
Thanks agen

I have a question about shedding. My Athena has shed once..after that she had a few areas around her mouth that look different. Posted a picture. Any thoughts. The gal at the pet store who also has one said that she maybhave not shed right and it could develop into mouth rot? She is shedding again...btw
20160721_090114.jpg

Could we see an image of your whole enclosure? I just hope that's not a fish tank your cham is being kept in...

I wonder if she just has some remains of a feeder stuck on her lip. If so, it should come off either when her lip finishes its shed. If not, you may be able to rub it off with a wet Q tip.

It has
14691241386161000036900.jpg
been like that for a couple weeks now. I'll try the qtip when she is done shedding.. she is a little pissy right now But she is loving climbing around the ficus tree. She is getting lots of natural sunlight this morning. Although she keeps eating the tree....

Back
Top Bottom