Is this light okay?

bimac6

Avid Member
:confused:For our new oustalet's chameleon we just bought this light called a "ESU reptile Slimline reptile fixture with desert 7.0 UVB"

The place sold it to us for 40 dollars. And the Repti-sun was 40 by it's self, and i know you can get them online for WAY cheaper. I just have $0 to my name in my card, and it said UVB on it, but i still don't completely trust it since it says desert.
It says on the box that it produces natural sunlight for calcium absorpsion and bone growth in reptiles. IDK! :confused::confused:

096316007284.jpg

Howdy,

It should be ok until you get some cash together in the next few weeks to buy an 18" Reptisun 5.0 linear tube from LLL Reptile for about $14. Be sure to remove the fixture's plastic lens covering the tube. That fixture, with the plastic lens in place, is notorious for causing many cases of MBD :(. Years ago, I even spoke by phone, and maybe even email, with the importers of those products. For varoius reasons, they still come with the lens in place...:(

Howdy,

It should be ok until you get some cash together in the next few weeks to buy an 18" Reptisun 5.0 linear tube from LLL Reptile for about $14. Be sure to remove the fixture's plastic lens covering the tube. That fixture, with the plastic lens in place, is notorious for causing many cases of MBD :(. Years ago, I even spoke by phone, and maybe even email, with the importers of those products. For varoius reasons, they still come with the lens in place...:(

so take off the plasic cover and it functions good for now?

i already took it off because i thought the plastic would get in the way of the artifical sunlight.

oog nervous now :(

Howdy,

Be sure to remove the fixture's plastic lens covering the tube. That fixture, with the plastic lens in place, is notorious for causing many cases of MBD :(. Years ago, I even spoke by phone, and maybe even email, with the importers of those products. For varoius reasons, they still come with the lens in place...:(

I know they come with a tiny piece of paper that says to remove the lense.. But I don't expect everyone to even see that little bit of paper! Also the lense is screwed on with tiny screws that require a tiny screw driver.. So it can be a pain in the a**

If they are going to continue to make the lights with the lenses on them, They SHOULD stick a big sticker right on the lense that say "REMOVE TO ALLOW UV RAYS THRO" or something. Something more conspicuous then the tiny paper

Back
Top Bottom