Is this a normal pump sound/action or is something not right here?

You could put a T in the line very close to the pump with a line running back to the reservoir on a ball valve. You could adjust the flow on the ball valve so that the pump never reached the shut off PSI. Then you wouldn't need multiple nozzles. That should stop that stuttering effect.

You could put a T in the line very close to the pump with a line running back to the reservoir on a ball valve. You could adjust the flow on the ball valve so that the pump never reached the shut off PSI. Then you wouldn't need multiple nozzles. That should stop that stuttering effect.
So Put a ball valve on the tubing that goes into the reservoir & inlet? I do I have a ball valve but will need a 1/4" to 1/4 female. One side is treaded.. But im sure you meant something else because you mentioned a T. Cant picture what you mean. I did another test and used another mister I purchased a while back (orange) photo attached. And it worked without the pressure cutoff but the mist was way to strong. But it did help the pump run notmally. Can you draw a fiagram of what you mean, like where to place a ball valve. Thanks
20170912_180934.jpg
20170912_173934.jpg

Right after your line comes out of the pump put a T in the line so that the line continues to the cage but you can run another line back to the reservoir. Put a valve on the line that runs back to the reservoir. You can use that valve to control the pressure. Whatever water needs to come out to keep your pressure low enough to stop the auto shut off will simply go back into the reservoir. This is a solution if you don't want to run multiple misting heads.

Right after your line comes out of the pump put a T in the line so that the line continues to the cage but you can run another line back to the reservoir. Put a valve on the line that runs back to the reservoir. You can use that valve to control the pressure. Whatever water needs to come out to keep your pressure low enough to stop the auto shut off will simply go back into the reservoir. This is a solution if you don't want to run multiple misting heads.
So I should get another bulkhead for lid of reservoir for the line thats going back into the reservoir? Thanks

So like this? How would the ball valve controle the pressure if its on the line going back into reservoir? Wont it just go up the Tee through to the line going to cage? Thanks

Attachments

• 20170912_191854.jpg
    20170912_191854.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 50
And technically, you don't need another bulkhead. You can just put the line into the top of your resevoir if you want and clip it there with a plastic clothes pin. Whatever works best for you.

Ok, So I did what you suggested and it did the trick! Thanks alot. Everything is running perfectly! Thanks guys! Video Link Below with the ball valve and the pump in action. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-e347kgyes_R212YXZEWW90QXM/view?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot_2017-09-13-20-33-13.png

Back
Top Bottom