Is this a normal pump sound/action or is something not right here?

Panthro413

Established Member
My new diy misting system is working fine but the pump has like a kick back jerking sound, Iv never owned a diaphragm pump so Im not sure if thats normal. the water has a continuous flow and the misting is working good, but the pump sounds like its clicking and shakes the whole tubing. Is this normal or is something not right? Should I return it for a new one or is it that I need to do something to it? Its self priming. Video link below of pump in action. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-e347kgyes_a214bGh1NU1CYjg/view?usp=drivesdk

Maybe it's the pressure switch?... it could be hitting 100 psi kicking on off on off I'm just guessing tho

No if you lower it'll still do the same the only way to actually see if that's the problem would be to take the mister head off and see if the noise stops when there's a perfect flow

No if you lower it'll still do the same the only way to actually see if that's the problem would be to take the mister head off and see if the noise stops when there's a perfect flow
Ill try that in a few hours. And if it stops and has a continuous flow what would be a solution? Thanks

I removed the mist nozzle and the pump stoped doing it, constant sound / flow now. What do I do now? Its a Climist Nozzle. Guessing it cant handle 80-100 psi. Was ordering the MistKing Nozzle Tom. Can that handle thise pressures? Thnx

I don't think it's the nozzle it's the pump I think by using only one mister your always gonna hit the 100 psi limit the only test I haven't done yet was try the pump with a few misters on it to allow more flow

I don't think it's the nozzle it's the pump I think by using only one mister your always gonna hit the 100 psi limit the only test I haven't done yet was try the pump with a few misters on it to allow more flow
So lowering the cutoff pressure wont do anything? Haven't tryed that yet.

No cuz by lowering it will just change let's say 100 to 75 it's just gonna shut off faster it'll hit 75 before it hits 100 I wanna say I've read people saying that the starter kit for mistking is a 75 psi pump and I've heard they kinda go useless after about 4 misters on it so that's why I chose 100 psi cuz I wanna use 6 misters I'm hoping that's gonna stop it from going off and on like that

No cuz by lowering it will just change let's say 100 to 75 it's just gonna shut off faster it'll hit 75 before it hits 100 I wanna say I've read people saying that the starter kit for mistking is a 75 psi pump and I've heard they kinda go useless after about 4 misters on it so that's why I chose 100 psi cuz I wanna use 6 misters I'm hoping that's gonna stop it from going off and on like that
Ohh ok, I guess Ill add the Mistking Nozzle I purchased today as well. Hopefully 2 nozzles helps. Thanks though. Youv been helpful!

So should I higher the cutoff? Its set to 80-85 by default.

You could raise it but I think it'll still shut off lol the good thing is the pump is made for shutting off like that so even if you left it how it is in the video you posted it should be fine you'll just be annoyed with the noise lol

You could raise it but I think it'll still shut off lol the good thing is the pump is made for shutting off like that so even if you left it how it is in the video you posted it should be fine you'll just be annoyed with the noise lol
Lol Ohh ok, I took it off Auto on timer because I thought it might break it over time. Guess Ill put it back on. Should I adjust it while its on or off? Thanks again Lol. Ill adjust and let you know how it goes.

You can hook that pump up to a sink being plugged in 24-7 with the sink turned off it'll only kick on when you run the sink I have one just like these at my work and it's only 40 psi and it's pushing sinks and toilets that's what gave me the idea for this you just got further than I did in waiting to get all my cages where they are permanently in place before I do this I don't wanna be moving it all around later lol

Oh yea read the reviews I wanna say someone said if you unscrew it to far opening it up that something bad happens so be careful lol
It wouldnt really turn, didnt want to put to much pressure. The warning paper that came with it said turn carefully. So i just left it as is. Ill setup another nozzle. This climist nozzle sucks anyway. Clogged in one day.

Back
Top Bottom