Is This A Good Process to getting close with my chameleon?

Jokeya

Hey guys. So, some of you may have responded to my last post where I was just asking for some general help for my new baby chameleon. For everyone who gave advice and suggestions, thank you. Especially you @AmandaS ! Anyway, after doing most of what I suggested, Twoey (my female veiled chameleon) is already a lot more lively. Of course, one thing I really want to do is get closer to my chameleon. Today, I tried doing some stuff that @Beman suggests and how she got close to her chameleon. And... it worked! What I did was I opened her cage, sat down next to it, and pinched a cricket between my index finger and thumb. It actually didn't take long at all for her to come after it and steal it from my hand. After it though, I tried again, and that time she went all the way to the highest branch and stared down at me, her body puffed up. So, I took my hand out and decided to just sit there. She sat up high, puffed up for quite awhile. But, she then began coming further and further down towards me. Once she was near me, she was no longer puffed up. I tried holding my finger towards her, and she puffed up a tiny bit and just stared at it. She doesn't seem very scared of me anymore, but she doesn't seem interested in crawling on me. Should I just repeat this process until she one day climbs onto me? Or should I try something else?

Keep doing what you’re doing :) You’re making great progress!

More ideas:

Thank you so much! And thank you for the video! (I subscribed btw ?) I do want to eventually try and use horn or waxworms, but Twoey is still small and they're too large for her at the moment. I do hope because she is a female, she won't be nearly as aggressive. (Which seems to be one of the the cases of why she's already warming up to me lol)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom