Is this a good basking light?

schamberlin

Is this a good basking light?

Attachments

• 15696811720952735579753376601924.jpg
    15696811720952735579753376601924.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 151
I don't think that bulb provides heat, try a local petstore or order on amazon.

Exo Terra SolarGlo Lamp (125 W) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00101JIFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3w3JDbTKTA8NE

This is what the lighting section of this group suggests... am I missing something? This is for a 4 month old veiled female.

Basking Bulbs
These bulbs are normal shaped incandscents and do not have UVB. They are used to create heat for reptiles to bask in for proper digestion and visible light. The wattage corresponds to the amount of heat and light (higher wattage = more heat). Generally a 40 or 60 watt bulb is appropriate. It should be a white light bulb.

This is what the lighting section of this group suggests... am I missing something? This is for a 4 month old veiled female.

Basking Bulbs
These bulbs are normal shaped incandscents and do not have UVB. They are used to create heat for reptiles to bask in for proper digestion and visible light. The wattage corresponds to the amount of heat and light (higher wattage = more heat). Generally a 40 or 60 watt bulb is appropriate. It should be a white light bulb.
Yes you can get a bulb like that... You just need to make sure that it is not LED. With a 4 month old female you need to watch her temps though... No more then about 82 degrees for her. So make sure you have a temp gun to get exact measurements.

Basking Bulbs
What do you have for UVB hun? If you have any questions let us know. :) welcome to the forum.

I'm going to pick up my Zoo Med T5-H0 now..
I started with the dreaded "chameleon kit" and 2 days later am correcting everything! Thank you!
Your welcome hun. If you need to double check anything let us know. I was once in your shoes so I get it. You want the 5.0 bulb for the t5HO. Make sure they don't sell you a T8. Then have basking at about 7-8 inches down for her with this fixture sitting directly on top of the cage. I would by the 24 inch fixture if your going to upgrade her cage. The kit is a rather small cage for her when she gets bigger and needs a lay bin as well. Then at least you wont have to buy another T5HO when you get the new cage. :p

Your welcome hun. If you need to double check anything let us know. I was once in your shoes so I get it. You want the 5.0 bulb for the t5HO. Make sure they don't sell you a T8. Then have basking at about 7-8 inches down for her with this fixture sitting directly on top of the cage. I would by the 24 inch fixture if your going to upgrade her cage. The kit is a rather small cage for her when she gets bigger and needs a lay bin as well. Then at least you wont have to buy another T5HO when you get the new cage. :p

Well, both pet stores are out of T5... the T8 is not recommended?

I buy 60w Phillips plant light bulbs from Lowes for $5 a piece. Provides light for my plants, my Cham, and most importantly the heat. Stay away from LED as they do not produce the heat you're looking for. Also save your money and just go to Lowes. A ZooMed Basking bulb costs $10 and doesn't last
chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg

Another question- I have a lot of things to change inside and outside of her enclosure. I've only had her for 2 days, so I don't want to super stress her. What should I do with hr while I add things? I'm hoping when I improve hr setup she'll be happier because she's very dark right now.

Another question- I have a lot of things to change inside and outside of her enclosure. I've only had her for 2 days, so I don't want to super stress her. What should I do with hr while I add things? I'm hoping when I improve hr setup she'll be happier because she's very dark right now.
Do you have a shoe box? If so stick a twig or branch through one and put her in that with the lid closed while you're upgrading

Exactly what Camo said... She will sleep while you work.

Back
Top Bottom