Is there something wrong with my cham?

Most people use washed play sand. Make sure to thoroughly wash it!

Attachments

• 5F33B90B-F7DD-4F34-BCCF-126F59704F77.png
    5F33B90B-F7DD-4F34-BCCF-126F59704F77.png
    1 MB · Views: 90
Ok Will do thank you so much! I hope i can get kiwi back on track.
As long as you can stand a bit of constructive criticism and are will to invest the time and patience required to learn the husbandry required for your Cham it’s hard to go wrong.

I want to thank you for being open to suggestions. Stick with @ERKleRose, she will not steer you wrong!

Update: So I've gotten kiwi a lay bin and the Mazuri stuff however she is still not eaten and she hasn't since thursday morning (3 days ago) . I'm starting to seriously worry about her health and she has not explored her lay bin yet by what i can tell. Everytime i try to feed her she doesn't even acknowledge it, i try to feed her Crickets, mealworms and waxworms and all get rejected. However when i put the lay bin out she started to become more active, that is the only upside her. I also got her a live umbrella plant.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 77
Update: So I've gotten kiwi a lay bin and the Mazuri stuff however she is still not eaten and she hasn't since thursday morning (3 days ago) . I'm starting to seriously worry about her health and she has not explored her lay bin yet by what i can tell. Everytime i try to feed her she doesn't even acknowledge it, i try to feed her Crickets, mealworms and waxworms and all get rejected. However when i put the lay bin out she started to become more active, that is the only upside her. I also got her a live umbrella plant.
@Brodybreaux25

Sand looks good and moist but the bin really should be inside of her viv. He’s viv is her “safe space” I would think that she feels vulnerable having to leave her safe spot to access the bin. She’s definitely not going to explore it with it being out in the open. You need to put a privacy curtain around the entire area. She will not lay out in the open.

As far as not eating, that’s normal, how is her water intake?

Sand looks good and moist but the bin really should be inside of her viv. He’s viv is her “safe space” I would think that she feels vulnerable having to leave her safe spot to access the bin. She’s definitely not going to explore it with it being out in the open. You need to put a privacy curtain around the entire area. She will not lay out in the open.

As far as not eating, that’s normal, how is her water intake?
I havent seen her drink but i believe she is drinking and i dont believe the lay bin will fit in her cage so what can i use as a curtain?

12” is reccomend and should be your goal but if all you’ve got is 8” it wouldn’t be the end of the world...
Ok is there anything else i should do now that i have the lay bin in her viv? Also if she does lay eggs would i just take the lay bin out her cage and return to her normal routine?

Ok is there anything else i should do now that i have the lay bin in her viv? Also if she does lay eggs would i just take the lay bin out her cage and return to her normal routine?

I would just like to reiterate what Brodybreaux25 said now that you have your laybin in the cage, you still need make sure she has a privacy curtain up.

You can you pretty much use anything that will get the job done i.e curtains, sheets, blankets etc

Once sh
Once she lays the eggs, give her extra calcium and water, she’ll be very weak, and keep the lay bin in her enclosure permanently if possible

I would just like to reiterate what Brodybreaux25 said now that you have your laybin in the cage, you still need make sure she has a privacy curtain up.

You can you pretty much use anything that will get the job done i.e curtains, sheets, blankets etc
Does this work? (it's the best I have, I will go out to get something if this doesn't work)

Attachments

• IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 65
Once sh

Once she lays the eggs, give her extra calcium and water, she’ll be very weak, and keep the lay bin in her enclosure permanently if possible
Ok, I put a curtain up and shortly after she ate a cricket i left in there, however i haven't seen her down by the lay bin yet.

Back
Top Bottom