Is there something wrong with my cham?

Something is bothering me about this thread but can’t put my finger on it...

Is he still not wanting to support her body weight?

I kinda just jumped into this thread and picked up the conversation based on what was being discussed at the time, I did not read your thread from the start or see the pics of your girl. Now that I have seen her I do not think she is gravid, colors are all wrong...

Something is bothering me about this thread but can’t put my finger on it...

Is he still not wanting to support her body weight?

I kinda just jumped into this thread and picked up the conversation based on what was being discussed at the time, I did not read your thread from the start or see the pics of your girl. Now that I have seen her I do not think she is gravid, colors are all wrong...
That's what i thought as well she doesn't seem gravid. She kinda started to a little bit but nothing like what she was before. She also finally ate 2 crickets last night as i left one in her cage and i heard her eat the one put another in her cage and she ate it as well. I let her go to sleep then. I woke up this morning and she ate another two and one was calcium dusted.

That's what i thought as well she doesn't seem gravid. She kinda started to a little bit but nothing like what she was before. She also finally ate 2 crickets last night as i left one in her cage and i heard her eat the one put another in her cage and she ate it as well. I let her go to sleep then. I woke up this morning and she ate another two and one was calcium dusted.
All feeders should be dusted, not just one or two. Lightly coat all feeders with phosphorous-free calcium without D3 every feeding and, in your case, Reptivite with D3 twice monthly. Make sure to give extra calcium when gravid and after laying eggs, as well

All feeders should be dusted, not just one or two. Lightly coat all feeders with phosphorous-free calcium without D3 daily and, in your case, Reptivite with D3 twice monthly. Make sure to give extra calcium when gravid and after laying eggs, as well
Ok should i know about the D3 but usually i dust one feeder a day, should i always dust all feeders or just until she gets better?

Are you now gutloading with a quality gutload, like Mazuri, Cricket Crack, Pangea, or Repashy and/or organic fresh fruits and veggies?

Every feeder given to your Cham should have either calcium or vitamins on it. You can lose the curtain. You should see a difference in her relatively soon if you follow the routine outlined above but still keep a close eye on her.

You diddnt answer my question, is she supporting her own body weight?

Every feeder given to your Cham should have either calcium or vitamins on it. You can lose the curtain. You should see a difference in her relatively soon if you follow the routine outlined above but still keep a close eye on her.

You diddnt answer my question, is she supporting her own body weight?
Will do, and she isn’t fully supporting her body weight but she is much better than before. Is there any reason why she wouldn’t be able to support her body weight?

Will do, and she isn’t fully supporting her body weight but she is much better than before. Is there any reason why she wouldn’t be able to support her body weight?
Maybe from not gutloading or properly dusting?

Sorry, that sounded really rude, it was honestly a question. Maybe she didn’t get enough calcium, vitamins, or minerals due to lack of them given to her through gutloaded feeders or enough feeders being dusted?

Sorry, that sounded really rude, it was honestly a question. Maybe she didn’t get enough calcium, vitamins, or minerals due to lack of them given to her through gutloaded feeders or enough feeders being dusted?
Don’t worry i took no offense and always accept constructive criticism. But yea that might be it I will start dusting every feeder and using D3 on the 7th and 21st of ever month. And also gut feeding with mazuri. I will let you know how she is by friday.

Yes, your body is a machine. It needs fuel to run correctly. Lack of calcium will negatively effect a lot more of her bodily function besides her bones. In this case the lack of calcium is making it difficult for her to control her muscles and support her weight. If it were my cham I’d be injecting her feeders with liquid calcium.

Yes, your body is a machine. It needs fuel to run correctly. Lack of calcium will negatively effect a lot more of her bodily function besides her bones. In this case the lack of calcium is making it difficult for her to control her muscles and support her weight. If it were my cham I’d be injecting her feeders with liquid calcium.
Ok, what would i need to do that, where can i get it and how would i do that? Just an fyi i really appreciate all the help, thanks again.

Update: So i've been givvinig her 3 crickets in the morning only all dusted with calc. I have a dripper going 24/7 and the humidifer running at night. I also kept the lay bin in her cage just in case and i noticed she started eating the sand, and flicking her tongue out at it like the sand is a cricket. She also does look very large and fat. She has not gotten any better with lifting her body up, is she just over weight?

Update: So i've been givvinig her 3 crickets in the morning only all dusted with calc. I have a dripper going 24/7 and the humidifer running at night. I also kept the lay bin in her cage just in case and i noticed she started eating the sand, and flicking her tongue out at it like the sand is a cricket. She also does look very large and fat. She has not gotten any better with lifting her body up, is she just over weight?
3 crickets isn't enough, could you post a picture of her? Are you gutloading yet?

3 crickets isn't enough, could you post a picture of her? Are you gutloading yet?
Yes I've been gutloading with Mazuri and i also feed her some mealworms and wax worms throughout the day, mostly mealworms i mostly used the wax worms as a treat. Also i just took this picture like 30 seconds ago so.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 69
Yes I've been gutloading with Mazuri and i also feed her some mealworms and wax worms throughout the day, mostly mealworms i mostly used the wax worms as a treat. Also i just took this picture like 30 seconds ago so.
Feed everything in the morning. Cut out the mealworms and use superworms instead, sparingly though. Get some roaches (red runners, orange-headed, ivory-headed, and dubias can't climb or fly), silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, and black soldier fly larvae to add to her diet. She doesn't look fat from that picture, but that could just be me.

Back
Top Bottom