Just let me know, I'm pretty sure she is

Attachments

• DSC00108.JPG
    DSC00108.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC00109.JPG
    DSC00109.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 241
I would say absolutely. Does she have a digging/laying container in her cage? She looks ready to drop any minute now. Mine was about that big and layed 78 eggs a few days ago.

Yeah ... the bumps on her sides definitely look like eggs. She should start digging within the next week or so. How deep is the bin you're using and what do you have in it?

Is she still eating / drinking OK. Usually they slow down in their eating just before they start to dig.

Dyesub Dave. :D

Still quite early in gestation I would say. Here is something I found for you to read.

Most female veileds advertise their sexual maturity by displaying robins-egg blue colors on their sides and casque. Not all females will display this however. The best method to judge a female's receptiveness to breeding is to but the female with a male. How she reacts is the best indication. If the female turns black, gapes widely, hisses, and rocks back and forth, upon seeing a male, she is not ready for mating. If the female displays this behavior, remove her from the enclosure immediately return her to her own cage. If she is receptive, she will retain her passive coloration, and slowly walk away from the male. After some running around, copulation will generally take place. When the female has been inseminated, she will conveniently let the keeper know by altering her coloration dramatically. Inseminated females turn black with yellow and green spots. When this coloration is observed, remove the female. After a successful copulation, oviposition will occur between 30-40 days, however, it is advisable to put an egg laying chamber in the cage on day 20 just in case.

Ok guys I'm still a new at this but I'm kinda excited because my female finally started digging. about how far along will they start to do this. Is she close to finally laying them. And also out of curiosity how soon after can they become gravid again.

Well my female was digging for 6 days. On the 7th morning she came out and filled up her hole. For some people it's 3 days and for some it's overnight. Just make sure that she has privacy ... like a towel around her enclosure ... and she gets lots to drink ... many mistings!! If she digs for several days make sure to offer her a bit of food too.

Keep us posted!!

As I type tis right now she is digging. I hope she does it soon. Do you guys know how soon after she will be able to be gravid again. Just want to know what I'm in for

Why do you have them together? Have you not read everything on this forum that says that is a big No-No???? Especially if she is gravid and digging-you are stressing her out more than you could ever realize! Why are you so concerned how soon she can become gravid again? This process is extremely hard on the female.

SHe is out of there. now. I was wondering about how soon she will be gravid because I DONT want it to happen again at least soon. I know its stressfull on her and even me.

You aren't kidding-it is stressful waiting for eggs, and then worrying about the Mom. IF she was already digging I would have left her and removed the male. Moving her to new surroundings could cause her not to lay and become eggbound.

You aren't kidding-it is stressful waiting for eggs, and then worrying about the Mom. IF she was already digging I would have left her and removed the male. Moving her to new surroundings could cause her not to lay and become eggbound.

Exactly what Juli said. And also if the male has his own enclosure you won't have to worry about her mating again until you and she are ready. Females get a little moody during this time and both your chameleons may fight ending up with one of them seriously injured or even dead.

Your female may also retain some sperm and lay another clutch of eggs a month or two down the road. Definitely get the male in his own enclosure RIGHT AWAY to avoid any unpleasant incidents.

For other peoples experiences with egg-laying read JULIRS's posts here:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/egg-watch-day-26-a-6494/

and my posts here:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/veiled-chameleon-not-laying-6156/

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Guys I am proud to say that she finally did it. She laid 35 eggs last night!!! Its my first time breeding cant wait to see the results. I think they'll have some swee loking babies.

Back
Top Bottom