Is my veiled a male or female and how is it looking

I got this veiled about 2 weeks ago, can someone tell me why it has a black spot on its tail and why does it's skin look weird?

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 138
Male
The black on the tail could be bruising or stuck shed.
I dont think the skin looks weird but he is a little skinny.
As for the black spot on the head, it could be a burn or bruise. What is his basking temp?

Were the black spots there when you got him?

Male
The black on the tail could be bruising or stuck shed.
I dont think the skin looks weird but he is a little skinny.
As for the black spot on the head, it could be a burn or bruise. What is his basking temp?

Were the black spots there when you got him?
The basking temp is around 95, I tried to get the black spot off and it did

And this looks like stuck shed but it was there when I got him and it's been 2 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 137
You can try and raise the humidity in his cage and that usually helps sheds get of easier. As long as it isnt cutting of circulation I wouldnt worry about those sheds. The black spots are a little more concerning though.

You can try and raise the humidity in his cage and that usually helps sheds get of easier. As long as it isnt cutting of circulation I wouldnt worry about those sheds. The black spots are a little more concerning though.

You mean the one on the tail? Can it be possible that it's just stuck fecal matter

He could be younger though. How long is he?
I'll get an estimate in about 40 minutes. Is he really tiny for his age? Cuz I've been worrying that he's not really increasing in size cuz I heard baby veiled chameleons are fast growing species but my guy is tiny. I compared him to his batch at the pet store and all the other guys are a little bigger than him but not by much. My guy tend to look more fat and short compared to the ones at the pet store which are skinny and long.

I noticed it too. Figured on old shed, too. Just watch it. One thing that screams red flag to me, though, is that he is SO TEENY TINY!! If you've already had him for 2 weeks, and those pictures are current, he was probably WAY too young to have been sold!! Do you know his actual hatch date? Where did you get him from? A breeder or store?

Back
Top Bottom