Is my Nosy Mitsio Panther a Male or female

Seegs

I have jst bought this little guy at 3 months old and paid 375 for the male. Not sure how to tell if the little guy is one or not though. Also I have him in a exo terra glass terrarium with a vent at the top but glass all around, is he going to be okay in that seeing as I just spent 150$$ on it.
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Litlle Khalifa.jpg
    Litlle Khalifa.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 348
  • little khalifa2.jpg
    little khalifa2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 265
  • little khalifa 3.jpg
    little khalifa 3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 184
Posting a pic of the tail base is what we need to properly sex a panther chameleon :) As for the enclosure, it all depends on where bouts you are living and how well you can manage the temperature and humidity.

PS. From that one pic so far, I say boy

Im almost certain thats a boy without even looking at the tail base. Where'd you get him from? Mitsios are very rare, not many people are working with that locale yet. Im sure if you got him from a breeder they were able to sex him properly.

As for the exo terra, it will be a fine enclosure til he hits about the 8-9 month mark. At that point I'd say you need a bigger cage. Go for an all screen 2ft x 4ft. Or if your a handy person build your own cage and you could go even larger. They really need as much height as possible and screen affords them with the fresh air they need to thrive in captivity.

haha Ken2414 if you saw th little bugger sway like hes a leaf enough you would call him Kha"lifa" lol. little guy thinks hes so sneeky.

Also can anyone tell what colour he will flare up yet??
his head is very blue but I thought Mitsios go yellow and green with red turrets?

He should be a lime like green color when relaxed as an adult. He can have red stripes or very faint darker green stripes on his flanks. Most of the mitsios Ive seen have had red turrets with black bars when fired up. Solid red when relaxed. When fired they can be any combination of yellow and green with the turrets going from a dark brick red to a firey red color. They are all diff to some degree. You wont see his true potential til at least 12 months and he'll keep getting better til at least 18 -24 months. Where'd he come from? What breeder?

oh quick question Texas. The guy at the store was just pan feeding him and he would set it up at the bottom of the cage but since I have a taller Terrarium he wont eat from a dish so I have to set the crikets infront of him or near him and its a huge pain in the ...
How should I feed him? hes only been at my ouse for a week and eats about 6 to 8 crickets a day I would say.
How should I feed him

hes bred from Kitchener Ontario at a place called Global Exotics.

I know that place the owner Rob I have been chatting with for a long time. He says (if this is the same owner I'm chatting about) he goes to the Hamm Germany show a couple times a year. Meaning he has got access a lot on neat Panthers and more.

I know that place the owner Rob I have been chatting with for a long time. He says (if this is the same owner I'm chatting about) he goes to the Hamm Germany show a couple times a year. Meaning he has got access a lot on neat Panthers and more.

It's him.
I'm confused about how going to the HAMM shows gets him access to a lot of neat panthers.
CITES still applies.
So unless he just goes there to chat with them, it wouldn't really do too much.

It's him.
I'm confused about how going to the HAMM shows gets him access to a lot of neat panthers.
CITES still applies.
So unless he just goes there to chat with them, it wouldn't really do too much.

Panthers are legal through CITES going to the Hamm show means he see's many phase that are legally exported to Europe that are extremely scarce here in the USA. Nosy Mitsio being one of those rare phases. Them he imports these European (rare phase) animals here to North America.

Nosy Mitsio

Those are Nosy Mitsio's. They came from ME. If he told you that he bread them then he is bull-shi@tin. Everytime I sell him something nice he tries to tell his customers that he bread it or he got it from Germany. Don't believe everything he says, he runs a good story :rolleyes:. No offense if your reading this Rob, but you know those are mine lol.:D

Panthers are legal through CITES going to the Hamm show means he see's many phase that are legally exported to Europe that are extremely scarce here in the USA. Nosy Mitsio being one of those rare phases. Them he imports these European (rare phase) animals here to North America.

Scarcity in the US doesn't mean it's scarce in Canada.
Regardless of that, from all the stuff I've heard about him, that kind of effort doesn't sound like something he'd do ;)

Those are Nosy Mitsio's. They came from ME. If he told you that he bread them then he is bull-shi@tin. Everytime I sell him something nice he tries to tell his customers that he bread it or he got it from Germany. Don't believe everything he says, he runs a good story :rolleyes:. No offense if your reading this Rob, but you know those are mine lol.:D

Yup, that's Rob ;)

Scarcity in the US doesn't mean it's scarce in Canada.
Regardless of that, from all the stuff I've heard about him, that kind of effort doesn't sound like something he'd do ;)

Yup, that's Rob ;)

I mean scarce in North America not being scarce in Europe. They are a bit closer to Madagascar. There are other rare phases other than Faly's and Mitsio's.

All fairness when I have chatted with him about chameleons from Hamm we were not talking about Panthers. Although Europe allegedly has access to more phases of panthers than North America. As for saying he bred your animals I have never heard about that.

Back
Top Bottom