Is my chameleon close to hatching?

One I had that didn't hatch got to wet and looked like yours. All mine were about 2.5 months longer then date on lid. He post on Facebook when batch starts hatching

One I had that didn't hatch got to wet and looked like yours. All mine were about 2.5 months longer then date on lid. He post on Facebook when batch starts hatching
So mine isn’t hatching? The egg isn’t that wet anymore. I saw it sweating and have stuff at the end of the eggs.

It might hatch. Mined did all the same just by 4th day could tell it wasn't going to hatch. By day 6 I knew with out doubt it wouldn't. I did cut open to see and looked like hard boiled egg with a smell

It might hatch. Mined did all the same just by 4th day could tell it wasn't going to hatch. By day 6 I knew with out doubt it wouldn't. I did cut open to see and looked like hard boiled egg with a smell
How do u cut it open if it is alive? Without harming it

Don't knw I personally wouldn't try it but that's just me. If you kept him updated should replace egg. Inless he says to much water. If get another one don't add water to rocks inless they are dry just sponges. Should give choose for egg or use money towards cham. Take the cham and pay rest that your best chance or do egg again

Don't knw I personally wouldn't try it but that's just me. If you kept him updated should replace egg. Inless he says to much water. If get another one don't add water to rocks inless they are dry just sponges. Should give choose for egg or use money towards cham. Take the cham and pay rest that your best chance or do egg again
Ok.I’ll wait to see what happens

If you try and it's not ready you could rip/cut the umbilical cord and kill it or just opening the egg could kill it.
If it should be hatching and can't get out of the egg and you cut it out, it might survive...or it might die.
I can't tell if it's pipped or if it is leaking so it might be dead already if it's leaking.
It's a hard spot to be in. I can't tell you what to do.

If you try and it's not ready you could rip/cut the umbilical cord and kill it or just opening the egg could kill it.
If it should be hatching and can't get out of the egg and you cut it out, it might survive...or it might die.
I can't tell if it's pipped or if it is leaking so it might be dead already if it's leaking.
It's a hard spot to be in. I can't tell you what to do.
Oh I’ll figure it out

Your pics looked more like windowing to me (though I can't see them very well); are you sure there was a hole? If no hole and just windowing (nearly translucent portions of the egg), it could be another few weeks to few months. Even if there is a hole, I've had babies take a week from pipping to hatch. I'd second what @kinyonga said originally and don't assist; there's too great a chance you'd hurt the baby cham trying to do so.

Your pics looked more like windowing to me (though I can't see them very well); are you sure there was a hole? If no hole and just windowing (nearly translucent portions of the egg), it could be another few weeks to few months. Even if there is a hole, I've had babies take a week from pipping to hatch. I'd second what @kinyonga said originally and don't assist; there's too great a chance you'd hurt the baby cham trying to do so.
I won’t assist I’m too clumsy. But I’ll wait because some sides are becoming transparent. I saw it sweat though which makes me believe it’s hatching.

I won’t assist I’m too clumsy. But I’ll wait because some sides are becoming transparent. I saw it sweat though which makes me believe it’s hatching.
Sweating usually means it's close, but I've had them take a few weeks even after 🤔 The best/most consistent indicator I've seen is that the egg will shrink and become almost lumpy, like the sides have caves a bit and are resting on the baby cham. Patience is key, and the hardest to practice 😄😱

Back
Top Bottom