Is my cham gravid?

I was a mess waiting for O to lay her first clutch. I waited 6 months, thinking it could be any day and stressing myself out. Once she started digging, it took a month for her to finally do the deed. It was the worst month of my life. And I'm old(er) haha. Keep doing what your doing, keep her fed and hydrated. Take her out into the sun. Here's what I finally told myself: I've done everything I possibly can for her - right food, right gutloading, right supplements and lighting, I took her to the vet for xrays and talked to the vet. After that was all done. I pretty much sat back and let her do her thing. She was covered for a few months and I only bothered her to feed/water and take out (if she asked while feeding). During the last month, I did change the mix of my laybin from 100% sand to a 50/50 mix and I did realize that there was a problem with the laybin draining (she had started digging and there was a couple inches of standing water at the bottom so I had to correct that ASAP!). I hope all goes well. Continue to refine your husbandry - there is so much to learn and more to know! I wish you the best!!

I was a mess waiting for O to lay her first clutch. I waited 6 months, thinking it could be any day and stressing myself out. Once she started digging, it took a month for her to finally do the deed. It was the worst month of my life. And I'm old(er) haha. Keep doing what your doing, keep her fed and hydrated. Take her out into the sun. Here's what I finally told myself: I've done everything I possibly can for her - right food, right gutloading, right supplements and lighting, I took her to the vet for xrays and talked to the vet. After that was all done. I pretty much sat back and let her do her thing. She was covered for a few months and I only bothered her to feed/water and take out (if she asked while feeding). During the last month, I did change the mix of my laybin from 100% sand to a 50/50 mix and I did realize that there was a problem with the laybin draining (she had started digging and there was a couple inches of standing water at the bottom so I had to correct that ASAP!). I hope all goes well. Continue to refine your husbandry - there is so much to learn and more to know! I wish you the best!!

Thanks so much for your support. It is stressful. Perhaps I should try a 50/50 mix. What kind and brand of soil is recommended?

Vertigo had her eyes closed for a little bit tonight. Is it normal for them to nap when gravid or might this be indicative of a problem?

Hi everyone. Vertigo has been sleeping on and off today. She is sleeping about 50% of the time. I'm wondering if anyone has had a gravid Cham sleep this much or whether it always signifies a problem (i.e., that she is likely eggbound). Please write back ASAP to share your thoughts and experience.

Hi everyone. Vertigo has been sleeping on and off today. She is sleeping about 50% of the time. I'm wondering if anyone has had a gravid Cham sleep this much or whether it always signifies a problem (i.e., that she is likely eggbound). Please write back ASAP to share your thoughts and experience.
Hi Julia can you add pics ?

Okay, I'm at store now but will take pics after. For nesting bin, will sphagum moss work as well as peat moss (mixed with soil)?

They didn't have peat moss without fertilizer at Home Depot. What ratio of sphagum moss to soil should I use?

Sorry, I'm miswrote. I'm mixing it with playsand. Is that okay and if so what ratio should I use?

Back
Top Bottom