Is Jigsaw gravid?

JCDenton

I've noticed a change in her colors in the past few weeks. Shes now darker and more pink/orange as opposed to being lighter and tanner. Does she look gravid to you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3244.JPG
    IMG_3244.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 127
No, she has not mated. I do have a boy but I only have her for a pet and don't plan to breed her. There is a divider between their cages so she can't see him.

Does she look gravid or just receptive?

my guess is yes cuz coloration..but thats all i can go by and i dont know alot about chams id ask chris anderson he knows alot about chams. also you should defently breed her :D and get a bunch of cute little baby chams weather you want to sell them or keep them. btw very nice cham.:):):)

my guess is yes cuz coloration..but thats all i can go by and i dont know alot about chams id ask chris anderson he knows alot about chams. also you should defently breed her :D and get a bunch of cute little baby chams weather you want to sell them or keep them. btw very nice cham.:):):)

The thing with breeding is that you then end up with tons of babies, that eat till your broke, then if you dont find homes, you have like 50+ cham cages for them when they hit adults. just an FYI :p

She doesn't look plump like she is carrying eggs, but it is a little hard to tell by the pics. If she has been that way for a few weeks, you may be able to gentle palpate her abdomin and check for eggs. What you are looking for is something that feels like a string of pearls.

She doesn't look plump like she is carrying eggs, but it is a little hard to tell by the pics. If she has been that way for a few weeks, you may be able to gentle palpate her abdomin and check for eggs. What you are looking for is something that feels like a string of pearls.

How much do I need to worry about accidentally cracking one and leaving her eggbound?

Back
Top Bottom