Is it normal...

lizzietheveiled

Is it normal for chameleons to color up more on one side than another? Its usually a darkrr color. Hes finally starting to grow his colors so do you think one side just is developing faster? Hes 5 1/2 months old.

Is it normal for chameleons to color up more on one side than another? Its usually a darkrr color. Hes finally starting to grow his colors so do you think one side just is developing faster? Hes 5 1/2 months old.

A cham will turn a darker color in response to heat. Its how they increase the amount of heat they can absorb at a given time. Dark colors absorb heat more quickly. Light colors tend to reflect heat away. I'll bet your cham does this while basking, and I'll also bet he is leaning his darker side toward the basking bulb while doing it. Totally normal.

There's no way an animal can grow faster on one side or the other.

He does it while hes basking but also at other times like when hes in the house on the bed. If I dont let him climb to a certain place or take him off my head he will color on the right side more. He is constantly using his right side more than his left unless hes extremely PO'd at me then he will color his whole body.

Who knows.. Maybe I dont know what Im talking about lol I just noticed it and thought it was odd

Back
Top Bottom