Is he big?

Morpheo's Mom

Avid Member
I decided to start a new thread in regards to Morpheo's size. The picture sparking this conversation was posted in the 2023 Chameleon Calendar thread and a couple people said he is really big. I wanted to hopefully get some comparisons.

I managed to catch Morpheo in a easy-to- measure stretched sleep position last night and I got 9.5" nose to vent. I then got a rough measurement of about 8" tail only today. I pulled out my husband's old scale from his eBay store and found he is 187grams.

Is he above average in size at 10ish months, weighing 187g, and 17.5" in length? @Jpeff @Sonny13
IMG_20220912_120352207_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

I don't own a male Veiled, but in the pictures he looked pretty large (and not obese), I was just interested in weights and lengths, that always gives a better presentation. He sure looks healthy and some guys just get bigger and heavier, just control the feeding from now on as @Beman mentioned.

Sunday I weight my young girl parsons, she just hit the 240 gram mark and it's almost impossible to take her on bare skin (she leaves terrible marks).

I don't own a male Veiled, but in the pictures he looked pretty large (and not obese), I was just interested in weights and lengths, that always gives a better presentation. He sure looks healthy and some guys just get bigger and heavier, just control the feeding from now on as @Beman mentioned.

Sunday I weight my young girl parsons, she just hit the 240 gram mark and it's almost impossible to take her on bare skin (she leaves terrible marks).
Wow! 240 she is a lot bigger than him. If she's still growing can't wait to see her fully grown.

I have the same issue with Morpheo and forgetting to put on long sleeve before handling. The grip strength and nails are a major pain. I wonder if he will get any bigger length wise. I read they can keep growing until 18 months?

Wow! 240 she is a lot bigger than him. If she's still growing can't wait to see her fully grown.

I have the same issue with Morpheo and forgetting to put on long sleeve before handling. The grip strength and nails are a major pain. I wonder if he will get any bigger length wise. I read they can keep growing until 18 months?
His parson is 240 not veiled.

I don’t own a Veiled male, only female and she’s around 120 gram. The 240 is for my parson, which will double that weight within a year. I think your boy is at the end of his growth and can only gain “unhealthy” weight.

Back
Top Bottom