is a fog machine bad for panther

you guys think everything is bad. ive seen many posts on here about humidifire modifications, where people take piping and link it inside their cage, i always see good replies here! i WOULD and WILL be using the reptifogger soon on some of my reps, including a brev. i just wont be using it consistently for long periods a day

Better start reading up on URI now... :rolleyes:

I just don't agree. I have used ultrasonic room humidifiers on or around cham cages for years, have never had a cham with an eye infection and only one recently arrived juvenile lost to URI. If you live in an area with cold winters (aka DRY), or hot summers where you need an AC (aka DRY), these things can make a huge difference for your chams. The key is to cycle humid periods with dry-out periods, keep the fogger clean, and monitor your chams! Like anything else you've got to keep up on maintenance and cleaning.

I could not agree more.
I'm even a person that not only uses a humidifier in my room for my panther, but have a setup for my 3 quads that directly humidifys their cages with PVC pipe.

When dealing with ultra dry ambient humidity for most of the year, nothing works better then an cool mist room humidifiers.
Anyone who even thinks a mistking will help is only fooling themself.

I do agree that the repta fogger from exotera is junk, and breaks often.

Harry

Well, hole Europe knows these facts and lives good with not taking foggers, but again, the US reinvents the keeping of chameleons
@Carlton: Maybe not with an eye infection but with a lung and water inside it...

What's the sense of this post ?

You ask if a fog machine is bad for a Furcifer pardalis and the answer is yes, it is. If you are already sure that it isn't bad, why did you start a thread ?

Well, hole Europe knows these facts and lives good with not taking foggers, but again, the US reinvents the keeping of chameleons
@Carlton: Maybe not with an eye infection but with a lung and water inside it...

We all know there are differences in how chams are kept on each side of the pond. So what? To each his own, and if the chams do well that's all that matters. Again, I use a fogger if conditions call for it, not what traditional opinion demands I do. If I lived in Germany and had my chams set up in glass terraria as seems to be more common there a fogger may not even be needed. If I am living at 9000 feet elevation in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado where the house humidity is between 0 and 20%, an ultrasonic humidifier does wonders for partially screened cages. I prefer giving my chams very large cages which makes glass impractical. The fogger (and I mean fan-driven ultrasonic humidifiers not the little terrarium nebulizers with no real air movement) is very efficient. The fan provides good air exchange, the fog raises humidity well, and in the heat of summer provides a good temperature drop. Considering that I've only lost one cham to URI and never had eye infections in any of them over the years it can't be that terrible.

OMG!! I guess I will soon have a house full of sick or dead chameleons!! I have been using foggers for a good long while. The only thing that saved my adopted quad from Chameo was the fog that kept her humidity through the roof. She was not expected to live when I got her, now 18 months later she is still with me. Some of her babies aren't with me anymore but that is because the healthy little guys went to new homes. PLEASE don't tell my chams they should all be sick.

like sum ppl say it s bad and sum ppl say its great...like i heard that it is bad i once had a chameleon and he would go underneath it and open his mouth...
Like heard its not good for him to do that becouse his lungs could fill up with water is that true..I'm still looking for chameleon...

like sum ppl say it s bad and sum ppl say its great...like i heard that it is bad i once had a chameleon and he would go underneath it and open his mouth...
Like heard its not good for him to do that becouse his lungs could fill up with water is that true..I'm still looking for chameleon...

I've never heard that a cham could aspirate water while sitting under a fogger, but possibly a tiny baby could.

The key to using any type of fogger is to first, set up your cage habitat with plants and lights, spray, drip, and monitor the humidity levels without one. If you can't get the cage to the humidity levels your particular species needs, consider adding one. Remember that this might change by season, house heating or cooling. If you use one, keep it really clean and don't run it all the time. You want to create periods of higher and lower humidity throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom