is a fog machine bad for panther

cham702

hey what's up ppl i'm knew to this chameleon forums....I need to know if a fog machine bad for chameleon eye's...If any body out there can help me thxs....

What kind of cham are you talking about? Are you talking reptile fogger or human use fog machine? If it is for a cham that needs more humidity that is one thing, but a fog machine for the fun of it near a cham - well NO.

type of cham i'm talking about for panther cham....and yes a reptie fogger...and yes i do spray the cage 3 times a day...so is it bad for there eye's

It is not really bad for the panthers eyes, rather to much humidity overall may contribute to a URI. Humidity needs very by the type of chameleon, panthers are not one of the chameleons that need very high humidity most of the time. If you plan to use it of short time periods when you are unable to mist for 9 or 10 hours, and you are just upping the room humidity that will work. I personally would not have a fogger on a panthers cage, a dripper yes, a mister, yes a fogger - no.
I am going to bed but I can get you some links tomorrow to explain what my foggy brain is trying to communicate. Will that work for you?

I would not use a fogger ever. If you need help with humidity get a humidifier for your room and maybe a live plant in with your cham.

Dustin

I would not use a fogger ever. If you need help with humidity get a humidifier for your room and maybe a live plant in with your cham.

Dustin

I'm sure that a cool mist humidifier in order to raise the ambient room humidity is what he means...otherwise a fog machine like in a club or disco would be out of the question.

Harry

I'm sure that a cool mist humidifier in order to raise the ambient room humidity is what he means...otherwise a fog machine like in a club or disco would be out of the question.

Harry

He said "reptile fogger" They are made by exo-terra and they are junk.

Dustin

if this is the one you are talking about...

105478.jpg

Those foggers are first of all very unnatural for species like pardalis, they are breeding places for microorganisms and they are a thread for the lungs of your chameleon.
Buy a dripper or a real rain like system eg from MistKing.

i would feel fine using zoomed's reptifogger. for pardalis i would mist twice a day (morning and night) and set the fogger for say 30 minutes once in between both mistings. or like others say, a cool mist room humidifier.

na i was talking about a reptie fogger...becouse i used to have a jackson not amymore...i dont have a chameleon right now lookin around right now...But when i had a jackson he used underneath...When he was done with it noticed he's eye's would get swollen or puffed up...I didn't know if he was sick or what

could have been something else, dont know. what were your jacksons light set ups and how old was he? he could have been wild caught as well. also, you can obviously have different settings on the reptifogger, so i doubt that may be the problem. how often you clean the foggers bottle?

like i have the all the right lights...yumm like i cleaned the bottle like every week same with the tube...like i bought him at the pet store in vegas...it's a exotic pet store...i'm thinking when i bought him he was already sick...when i bought him he was sleeping during the day..so i dont know..

Thanks guys. I was sold a reptifogger by a reptile supply guy for my panther and now I'll just use it if I get a snake or something.

you guys think everything is bad. ive seen many posts on here about humidifire modifications, where people take piping and link it inside their cage, i always see good replies here! i WOULD and WILL be using the reptifogger soon on some of my reps, including a brev. i just wont be using it consistently for long periods a day

Agreed, FOG IS BAD.

I just don't agree. I have used ultrasonic room humidifiers on or around cham cages for years, have never had a cham with an eye infection and only one recently arrived juvenile lost to URI. If you live in an area with cold winters (aka DRY), or hot summers where you need an AC (aka DRY), these things can make a huge difference for your chams. The key is to cycle humid periods with dry-out periods, keep the fogger clean, and monitor your chams! Like anything else you've got to keep up on maintenance and cleaning.

I just don't agree. I have used ultrasonic room humidifiers on or around cham cages for years, have never had a cham with an eye infection and only one recently arrived juvenile lost to URI. If you live in an area with cold winters (aka DRY), or hot summers where you need an AC (aka DRY), these things can make a huge difference for your chams. The key is to cycle humid periods with dry-out periods, keep the fogger clean, and monitor your chams! Like anything else you've got to keep up on maintenance and cleaning.

100% agreed

Back
Top Bottom