Investigation In Progress

I am very disappointed to hear what has transpired. Disappointed for both the loss of an animal, and now the loss of a reputation. This day and age a business can not control what is said on the internet. If I were to put myself in the purchasers shoes, I would demand and expect at the very least a complete refund or replacement. If I were the seller, maintaining your image/reputation is most important...especially when your entire business model relies on the internet! I respect, and will continue to respect the skill and dedication of both parties involved. I will hope that some form of reimbursement or retribution will be made, and will also hope to see a great breeder maintain their pride and respect. Best of luck to everyone involved, truly.

Hi everyone I really need help and I do not want this to turn into some sort of drama thread so please just advice for what I need to do and what I can expect...

I am very very overwhelmed and freaking out. I have not slept much since I found out yesterday that Bahari has coccidia.

So as you can see this did not start out as attacking, bashing, slandering or defamation. This is from the first post in a thread from someone overwhelmed. There has been little negativity other than some who think you should have done more. Since you are questioning the site rules on this, I have spent far too much time monitoring this situation through public and private posts. I feel for both sides. I even reached out to you stating my concern that your silence in this matter is showing the community only one side of the story. Not that I wanted you to defend yourself, but it seemed odd to me that this was your reaction to this. I only know you and your family through the posts you have here on the forums and I truly hope this becomes something we can all learn from and that everyone involved gets through better individuals, but this does not seem like the people I have come to know.

I am not asking you to admit blame. I am not asking you to give any monetary award. I am not even asking you to make things right... whatever that could mean. Just be the people I know you to be. Have compassion (that I know you do) and let Becca know that she is more important than the transaction here. I know you feel that way because I know you are not faking it when you write the things you do here. I know you care about Bahari. I know that things happen that are likely out of our control. It is how we respond to them that make us who we are and make us stronger!

I truly am terrified for your collection if there is a potential parasitic outbreak. I am even more concerned for your children if they have to go through something like this! I pray that this does not effect you directly and it is an isolated case.

Matt and Jess, I wish I could make this go away, but I can't. I am in an awkward position of being "friends" with both sides of a tough situation. I do consider you all friends, even when I delete posts or issue warnings :). I don't take things personally. I have a hard time with things like this though. Emotions and Site Rules do not always blend well together. That is a tough one for me. I do my best, and I hope I have done so here. If you (any of you) think I have overstated my "authority" here please let me know and I will (publicly) delete this entry or edit what is out of line.

I pray we can all get to a point where we have learned from this and look back at it as a moment that makes the community stronger.

You act like theres never been a positive review of your business on the forums? There are entire threads dedicated to the chams that you have produced. Many of them. There are plenty of positive reviews out there.

Are you familiar with the definition of slander and defamation? It's the spreading of false information. Do you care to point out what false information was spread? Careful, because then everything else you'll be confirming as true.

There was not much in that post about what you plan to do from here on out. You just said you're planning to do something. Everything else was just trying to invalidate everything that's happened just because you have no history of having negative feedback. No one expects perfection. What we do expect is respect. That was not given.
@Syreptyon made a very polite and eloquent comment that summed up everyone else's thoughts. There was nothing rude about it.

I do not have to answer to you, but I will say that yes indeed there were MANY, MANY false statements and assumptions made regarding what transpired with this transaction. We say this as fact! Sometimes those that are silent have more than what you are aware of going on in their lives that they are attempting to deal with! My suggestion would be for you and your gang to drop it now. Move on. You do not have to read or comment further on this thread.

I do not have to answer to you, but I will say that yes indeed there were MANY, MANY false statements and assumptions made regarding what transpired with this transaction. We say this as fact! Sometimes those that are silent have more than what you are aware of going on in their lives that they are attempting to deal with! My suggestion would be for you and your gang to drop it now. Move on. You do not have to read or comment further on this thread.
We had dropped it. We had moved on.

You picked it back up. You brought this back upon yourselves. You made your bed. Now sleep in it.

If I may be permitted to be incredibly juvenile for a second - you started it. I was more than happy to forget about this whole nightmare, but then you brought it back up. I won't allow a very good friend of mine to be walked on. Keep digging, by all means!

Do you have any idea how upset she was when she saw this thread? She was absolutely devastated.

592EF377-DFA8-4271-8D82-CD699726A59C.jpeg

Hi everyone I really need help and I do not want this to turn into some sort of drama thread so please just advice for what I need to do and what I can expect...

I am very very overwhelmed and freaking out. I have not slept much since I found out yesterday that Bahari has coccidia.

So as you can see this did not start out as attacking, bashing, slandering or defamation. This is from the first post in a thread from someone overwhelmed. There has been little negativity other than some who think you should have done more. Since you are questioning the site rules on this, I have spent far too much time monitoring this situation through public and private posts. I feel for both sides. I even reached out to you stating my concern that your silence in this matter is showing the community only one side of the story. Not that I wanted you to defend yourself, but it seemed odd to me that this was your reaction to this. I only know you and your family through the posts you have here on the forums and I truly hope this becomes something we can all learn from and that everyone involved gets through better individuals, but this does not seem like the people I have come to know.

I am not asking you to admit blame. I am not asking you to give any monetary award. I am not even asking you to make things right... whatever that could mean. Just be the people I know you to be. Have compassion (that I know you do) and let Becca know that she is more important than the transaction here. I know you feel that way because I know you are not faking it when you write the things you do here. I know you care about Bahari. I know that things happen that are likely out of our control. It is how we respond to them that make us who we are and make us stronger!

I truly am terrified for your collection if there is a potential parasitic outbreak. I am even more concerned for your children if they have to go through something like this! I pray that this does not effect you directly and it is an isolated case.

Matt and Jess, I wish I could make this go away, but I can't. I am in an awkward position of being "friends" with both sides of a tough situation. I do consider you all friends, even when I delete posts or issue warnings :). I don't take things personally. I have a hard time with things like this though. Emotions and Site Rules do not always blend well together. That is a tough one for me. I do my best, and I hope I have done so here. If you (any of you) think I have overstated my "authority" here please let me know and I will (publicly) delete this entry or edit what is out of line.

I pray we can all get to a point where we have learned from this and look back at it as a moment that makes the community stronger.

It did not start out that way, you are correct. If you do go back on that thread you will see that help was offered, sympathy was shown and I think the response was some swearing along with "the nerve"! We did reach out and initiate a conversation with the buyer in an attempt to work something out despite for the fact that the guarantee had expired and despite for the fact that the information we received from the buyer was contradictory to what came out on the forum and despite the fact that we have 0 evidence of a problem in our collection. We were publicly shamed for how we went about that as well. We gave time in the hopes that emotions would settle and we were encouraged to make a statement. Please enlighten us, for everyone casting judgement and condemning us for how we handled this situation, what we could have done differently? I truly do not believe there was anything that could have been done differently in this situation.

If I may be permitted to be incredibly juvenile for a second - you started it. I was more than happy to forget about this whole nightmare, but then you brought it back up. I won't allow a very good friend of mine to be walked on. Keep digging, by all means!

Do you have any idea how upset she was when she saw this thread? She was absolutely devastated.

And I suppose the devastation was only felt on one side. She cared for that chameleon for less than a month. We cared for that chameleon for nearly a year.

Get off my thread!

And I suppose the devastation was only felt on one side. She cared for that chameleon for less than a month. We cared for that chameleon for nearly a year.

Get off my thread!
No one said you didnt care for Bahari. I think it was actually specifically said that we know you DID care for him. That wasnt in question.
That also wasnt what Amanda was referring to. She was referring to you digging up all of this again while she is trying to mourn and get past it. That is what was devastating.
Happy to clear that up for you.

Get off my thread!

Hmmm. Guess you should have, I don't know, offered to take Bahari back when the results first came in if you cared so much, or pay for the vet bills. Or, you know, actually refunded her.

No one said you didnt care for Bahari. I think it was actually specifically said that we know you DID care for him. That wasnt in question.
That also wasnt what Amanda was referring to. She was referring to you digging up all of this again while she is trying to mourn and get past it. That is what was devastating.
Happy to clear that up for you.

Also that. Thank you, im too furious for thought out posts right now. I really should walk away for a few minutes, cooldown.

Please enlighten us, for everyone casting judgement and condemning us for how we handled this situation, what we could have done differently? I truly do not believe there was anything that could have been done differently in this situation.
You were given medical documents, from a veterinarian specializing in chameleon care, proving that without a doubt Bahari had coccidia prior to being I'm Beccas care. There are a number of things you could have done. Pretending you know better than a medically trained vet is not one of them.

From someone who just reads these forums and looking through the keyhole, just an opinion.

This seems to be someone trying to explain themselves, with a bunch a typical internet trolls attacking them, you have even started with the memes. Self realization is important, its easy to be harsh behind a keyboard, this type is found in every community and you know who you are. The breeder looks like they are trying their best, the trolls look like trolls.

Hey, I strongly encourage anyone thinking that we did something wrong to take this issue to the legal system and have them supe
From someone who just reads these forums and looking through the keyhole, just an opinion.

This seems to be someone trying to explain themselves, with a bunch a typical internet trolls attacking them, you have even started with the memes. Self realization is important, its easy to be harsh behind a keyboard, this type is found in every community and you know who you are. The breeder looks like they are trying their best, the trolls look like trolls.
Thank you, but you are making yourself a target! There is no mercy!

I imagine this looks pretty terrible to a passerby. But I encourage you to read through my posts, Daesie's, JoX, James... we're far from the trolls you describe.

I am going to try to fix something that may not be repairable. I knew that Becca would be ripped apart by this. She feels like she failed to do the right thing for Bahari. She feels that she was asked to deal with something she was not ready for. I will say that she dealt with something that I hope you all do not ever have to go through. I never had to, but cant imagine how terrible it must feel to watch an animal that you have taken into your care have to face such odds. (I say this without her actually telling me this.)

There are facts that BOTH sides are not aware of. There are details that may even sway how you feel about what has transpired. The fact is that these are all well respected members of this community and you don't know how you would react if you are not going through it for yourselves. Things got out of hand between two very good parties.

I have just altered my post that was about to be public due to a private message I received. I will allow for that message to become public before I post again. I will be waiting...

Hey, I strongly encourage anyone thinking that we did something wrong to take this issue to the legal system and have them supe
Thank you, but you are making yourself a target! There is no mercy!
Trying to scare a new member away from other members just because they disagree with your actions?
That is very low Matt. I dont believe any of the members that have taken place in this conversation would have crucified this member just for speaking their mind.

They're just playing the family card by having wifey post. It's one of the weapons in their sales arsenal. No need to get upset friends.

This is your second attempt since I have been a member at personally attacking me. Get off my thread! You have no purpose or anything beneficial to contribute to this situation! You have gotten in trouble for your behavior in the past, and yet you never learn. What a shame!

Back
Top Bottom