Introverted Chamleon? :o

BabyChamCham

Established Member
For the past couple of days, Oswin has stayed in the same spot, all day. He never even came out to eat.. He looks ok, but I'm worried.

Attachments

• 1491055308385-2101721306.jpg
    1491055308385-2101721306.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 115
Assuming all your husbandry parameters are ok I don't know maybe he want's a little free ranging, you know maybe just tired of being stuck in that cage. Just a guess, but as long as he is eating, and drinking he will be okay. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Try a new insect that always cheers them up!

He hasent moved, and hasent eaten.. I think I know why though. My room is a bit cold, I close off the vents and get him a hotter light.
Current temp-76. Not ok..

Assuming you are talking about his basking temp I would put it to around 90ish if it were me veiled are a sun loving species.

I know, I think I figured it out though.. we covered the air vent on the ceiling, and his temp went up a bit. I'll get another bulb as well though. He is lethargic too ..

It would be best they need that heat to digest their food as well. If he is still real small you could get away with 85, but I wouldn't go below that they need that thermal regulation because unlike us they don't have an internal warming system to warm things up so they must rely on other means like the sun, or heat lamp. After you get him warmed up I'm sure he will come around. good luck

Back
Top Bottom